Dean Guitars - Why all the hate?

• Thread starter M3CHK1LLA
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Murmel

Reaction score
This also applies to Gibson guitars.
As long as Gibson don't go over the top and make the fugliest guitars the world has ever seen they're great guitars.
But yeah, they are still WAAY overpriced too. When it comes to Gibson and Fender I honestly think that the name makes up for half the price.

Not saying that they're shit, the high end Gibsons and Fenders are incredible.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
the dimebag name rape is kind of a moot taht dean themselves aren't exactly responsible for, but dimes family. his wife and brother milk the name. dean just sits in the back and says 'sure, we make money, so whatever', while his wife is saying 'i dont do shit, and my husband was famous. lets milk him more. dean, will you help me?'

kurt cobain is dead, yet you still hear him over the radio
2 of the beatles are dead
michael jackson is dead
elvis is dead
hendrex is dead...

etc, yet you see radio, tv, music, guitar companies constantly make money off of the dead guys.

And making money of any of those (beyond listening to their music) is still not right either if its done in an extortionist way. I don't think I've seen anything in the same vein with those guys as Dean are doing to Dime.

As long as Gibson don't go over the top and make the fugliest guitars the world has ever seen they're great guitars.
But yeah, they are still WAAY overpriced too. When it comes to Gibson and Fender I honestly think that the name makes up for half the price.

Not saying that they're shit, the high end Gibsons and Fenders are incredible.

:ugh:

GibsonModerne1.jpg

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
^ Please tell me that shit ain't a real guitar 0.o

Psionicist

Reaction score
I dont like Dean because I think their customer service sucks. I emailed them a few years back asking 2 questions about the Corey Beaulieu line of guitars and if I could get one left-handed. They gave me a 1 sentence reply "those arent in stock" or something like that. Didnt even Try to give me any other information. If I am not worth your effort in an email, your guitars aren't worth my effort in terms of $.

I liked Pantera but wasnt a huge Dime fan, but some of those finishes make the guitars look like they ought to be sold at a flea market.

Reaction score
I am a dimebag fan and when i heard about them bringing out the guitar he designed in tribute of him i couldn't believe it! I ordered one immediately and when i got it, the floyd rose licensed piece of shit always went out of tune. Seymour Duncan DIMEBUCKER just ruled the guitar and neck pickup was fightingly HORRIBLE.
2 years later there was a disgusting amount of dean razorbacks on the market, and i regret ever buying one now. Also they are possibly the cheapest deans you can buy on ebay now because NOBODY WANTS THEM!

RIP DIME

Murmel

Reaction score
And making money of any of those (beyond listening to their music) is still not right either if its done in an extortionist way. I don't think I've seen anything in the same vein with those guys as Dean are doing to Dime.

:ugh:

GibsonModerne1.jpg
I never said that they DIDN'T make ugly guitars :cool:

oremus91

Melodeth-er
Reaction score
Sadly, yeah. And the price of Jacksons skyrocketed. They're so expensive it blows me away. Here in Canada (at least for a while) an RR5 was 1600 bucks. You can get a brand new ESP Eclipse II for 1700 bucks.

Handmade > factory.

That's a ridiculous price for an RR5, but it's probably the shop you went to along with the fact you're in Canada. My buddy in Laval pays more for everything.

Honestly though, Jackson guitars are still great (aside from the look of these new 7s.. lol) and people are overreacting hardcore to the buyout (which btw was like 10+ years ago). Fender owns Charvel and treats them with respect and they make a fantastic fiddle still. Not to mention if you buy a USA model of Jackson it's still the same people making those along with the custom shops as before the Fender ownership.

alecisonfire

Reaction score
to be totally honest, i dislike them for the following:
10% the whole dime issue
80% havent ever picked one up that i liked
10% michael angelo batio is a clown

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
I'm afraid it is. Its a Gibson Moderne, and there are worse Gibsons believe me.

that guitar is horrid!!! its as ugly as the new epi zack wylde coffin guitar!

infact my next thread will be: if there were only two guitar models in the world, which would you choose?

a) Gibson Moderne

b) Epi Coffin

c) neither - i'd become a drummer :lol:

l_79f12dd00af94573ac7f570788ad0446.jpg

MaKo´s Tethan

Reaction score
This thread about Darrel make thinks in Hello Kitty. You can have anything you want with his name, sadly, now Darrel is just a brand, a product, an stupid Hello Kitty. And thats make me not only hate Dean, also the capitalism, the fuckin market, and the stupid world, but...did you ever think in the pos mortem Ibanez Jem? dude, those 777 different finished models will be great!!!!!!!!
hello-kitty-guitar-fender-amp.jpg

1064140938_9047b90df4.jpg

Ironbird

Kahler Abuser
Reaction score
1. the total "rape" of the dimebag name
2. poor quality materials & guitars
3. q.c. issues - letting crap & little details go out the door
3. overpriced compared to other models in the same price range

I'll also add this to your list:

5. the giant headstock

Trust me, this bugs the HELL out of many guitarists.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
MaKo´s Tethan;2008461 said:
This thread about Darrel make thinks in Hello Kitty. You can have anything you want with his name, sadly, now Darrel is just a brand, a product, an stupid Hello Kitty. And thats make me not only hate Dean, also the capitalism, the fuckin market, and the stupid world, but...did you ever think in the pos mortem Ibanez Jem? dude, those 777 different finished models will be great!!!!!!!!
hello-kitty-guitar-fender-amp.jpg

1064140938_9047b90df4.jpg

you may be on to something - he's got 33 guitars, an amp (s)?, stickers - is there a pedal also? who else is using it? what else have they used his name on?

I'll also add this to your list:

5. the giant headstock

Trust me, this bugs the HELL out of many guitarists.

yes, you are right, also:

6. never played one i liked
7. they feel cheap

MaxOfMetal

Likes trem wankery.
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Really, it only comes down to the image that they give out.

The USA stuff is pretty nice, and is priced rather competitively when compared with other, mainstream USA made brands (Gibson, Fender, Hamer, etc.).

The import stuff isn't bad either. Yeah, there are a fair share of lemons, but has anyone looked at all the absolute GARBAGE that Jackson, Ibanez, Agile, Squire, Epiphone, and others have been putting out in the same price bracket?

The really low end stuff is crap, but so are 95% of guitars in the under $200 range.

As for their designs (including "copies") they really aren't that weird or unique. I tend to like their Soltero and Hardtail shapes just as much as the Les Paul and PRS they are closest too copying.

Just about all the hate comes from A) those who like Dime more than his image, B) those who look at Dime's "rape" as immoral, C) those who played a low-end bolt-on, D) those who've gotten a lemon, and ESPECIALLY E) those who have read, or heard of how "bad" the $1000 and under Deans are.

M3CHK1LLA

angel sword guardian
Reaction score
^ all i have is the hello kitty key chain :lol:

Just about all the hate comes from A) those who like Dime more than his image, B) those who look at Dime's "rape" as immoral, C) those who played a low-end bolt-on, D) those who've gotten a lemon, and ESPECIALLY E) those who have read, or heard of how "bad" the $1000 and under Deans are.

max is right, as usual. add to the growing list:

8. those who have read, or heard of how "bad" Deans are.

Vyn

Not a Sparkly Vampire
Contributor
Reaction score
Really, it only comes down to the image that they give out.

The USA stuff is pretty nice, and is priced rather competitively when compared with other, mainstream USA made brands (Gibson, Fender, Hamer, etc.).

The import stuff isn't bad either. Yeah, there are a fair share of lemons, but has anyone looked at all the absolute GARBAGE that Jackson, Ibanez, Agile, Squire, Epiphone, and others have been putting out in the same price bracket?

The really low end stuff is crap, but so are 95% of guitars in the under $200 range.

As for their designs (including "copies") they really aren't that weird or unique. I tend to like their Soltero and Hardtail shapes just as much as the Les Paul and PRS they are closest too copying.

This.

Rich5150

Reaction score
I have an Import Soltero Standard that is actually a killer guitar, Low action beefy as hell in the tone dept and killer sustain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

')