Dean Razorback 7 is out

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Hey Nick, have you played standing yet? How's the balance on that beast?

PS. I like the black w/ yellow bevels, but I like this white better.

Hell yeah I played it standing for a while. The balance obviously isn't going to be like an Ibanez or a Soloist of course, but I actually think it balances better than my Rico Jr does. It's not very heavy either. It's perfect with the token "foot on the floor monitors" kind of position. I love it, I would definitely consider playing this at shows if I wanted to give my Vixen a break.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

muffgoat

The Djentle Giant
Reaction score
Thats soo wicked to finally see this thing in white, let alone to hear that it is just fuckin amazing to play. My main guitar is a washburn dimebolt and i just recently got a 7. SO when i heard they were making this i was like oh shit... i think i need one of these lol how much did you pay?

Groff

Medicine Chief/RHLC©
Contributor
Reaction score
I'd love to have one in green, with no trem.

That would kick ass!

Plaschkes

Israeli 8 Stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
How would you describe the tone? And how are the frets (Size wise, not work wise)?

I've wanted a Razorback since they came out, and that there's a 7 which you praise, and a 24 fretter to boot, I really might have to get one.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
How would you describe the tone? And how are the frets (Size wise, not work wise)?

I've wanted a Razorback since they came out, and that there's a 7 which you praise, and a 24 fretter to boot, I really might have to get one.

Seem like jumbo frets, but honestly I'm not good at deciphering that kind of thing when ti comes to frets. All I know is it shreds and plays great. The tone is good, they're EMGs so its a familiar sound. The mahogany body and set-neck definitely contributes some warmth and sustain though.

Plaschkes

Israeli 8 Stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
Damn... Why did they have to make it with EMG's? I would get it in heartbeat if it came with passives.

Regor

Double Edge FTW
Contributor
Reaction score
I personally didn't care for the Razorback shape, as it pokes me in the leg when I sit down to play it.

But if they came out with a 7-string Razorback V in black/white, I'd be tempted.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
Zimbloth, the business man.

I kinda like it, those bevels are very nice.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Zimbloth, the business man.

I kinda like it, those bevels are very nice.

Yeah I just brought it to rehearsal. It sounds really through the VHT as expected. I'm really digging. This was purchased out of curiosity, it came damaged but I'm going get another one. It suits me well. Don't plan on selling it, I don't usually buy korean guitars to resell.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
FWIW: My bandmate and I noticed how similar the Razorback7 neck is to his COW's neck. It's not exact but its very close.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I personally didn't care for the Razorback shape, as it pokes me in the leg when I sit down to play it.

But if they came out with a 7-string Razorback V in black/white, I'd be tempted.

It really shouldn't be poking your leg, or anything. I don't know, I think it's supremely comfortable to play sitting down. Not sure how you're pulling that off. Its like any V shape really, when sitting down the neck is in the most beneficial spot possible IMO.

Plaschkes

Israeli 8 Stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you play on a classical position, with the guitar resting on your left leg?

saffron shrimp

Reaction score
Looks nice man, they must of only had a few in stock because I tried to get one, it said in stock then at checkout it said out of stock lol.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Do you play on a classical position, with the guitar resting on your left leg?

Like you would with any V type guitar, yeah I guess. The inner horn does not protrude enough to stick in you or anything. It's perfectly designed for comfort IMO.

I highly recommend this guitar, just try to get one from a reputable dealer who will pack it well so it won't get damaged like mine :(

Looks nice man, they must of only had a few in stock because I tried to get one, it said in stock then at checkout it said out of stock lol.

DCGL will be getting some in soon. I'm going to buy one from him. I think you'd like this guitar. Did you get your C90s yet or are you still being a putz?

Plaschkes

Israeli 8 Stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
I'm really into it at the moment... Allready mailed Jason at DCGL to see when he's expecting some white ones. I might jump on it late August when I'm in the US.

All thanks to you, zimbloth. :)

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I'm really into it at the moment... Allready mailed Jason at DCGL to see when he's expecting some white ones. I might jump on it late August when I'm in the US.

All thanks to you, zimbloth. :)

No problem bud :) For what it's worth, your Jeff Loomis is kickass, but I like the Razorback 7 more than any Schecter I've played. I think both would make a sweet duo though :metal:

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah the Dimebucker is one of the worst pickups Duncan makes IMO. Very noisy and inarticulate. I'm no big EMG fan, but I'd take 707s over Dimebuckers anyday. I think I will end up putting Duncan Blackouts in this guitar eventually.

Latest posts

')