Dean Razorback 7 is out

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Plaschkes

Israeli 8 Stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
Well, I like the Schecter neck. It's big and comfy. Although I also love my JP7's shredder neck. I'm pretty much OK with every neck that has a flat fretboard radius.

Shame for those EMGs, really. Although the Blackouts do sound intresting...

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
A pity that it has EMGs, because a Custom would slay in that thing.

In all mahogany? Don't know if I agree with that. Either way, EMGs sound good with the VHT so it's okay. I have a good feeling about the Blackouts though.

There's always the pickup ring option if you want passives as you're well aware :)

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I had a body with a Custom in his all mahogany LP Special. It sounded fucking awesome, ceramics rip in all mahogany with rosewood fret boards.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I had a body with a Custom in his all mahogany LP Special. It sounded fucking awesome, ceramics rip in all mahogany with rosewood fret boards.
:agreed: the X2N slays in my V-250

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Interesting! What kind of bridge is that? It looks a hell of a lot like an edge...

It's just a licensed floyd, their own styling I'm guessing. It's pretty comfortable, stays out of the way, stays in tune well.

fugly guitar

Oh well, I like it. Looks much better in person for what its worth.

Plaschkes

Israeli 8 Stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
Do you reckon the bridge could be a direct swap for an OFR with the routings?

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Do you reckon the bridge could be a direct swap for an OFR with the routings?

I'm really not sure. I'm a fixed bridge kind of guy, I usually ignore trems. If a trem stays in tune and doesn't impede my picking hand, it's all well and good for me. It does look like a floyd rose more than say an ibanez trem though, It wouldn't be a surprise if an original floyd would pop in here. I can take more pics later if you wish.

Plaschkes

Israeli 8 Stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
pics are allways welcome, even if they're just to drool on. :)

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
It's just a licensed floyd, their own styling I'm guessing. It's pretty comfortable, stays out of the way, stays in tune well.

You sure it's not a LoPro TRS? An OFR will fit that route.

Not that it matters if you just intend to block it.

CrashRG

I'm Back Bitches!
Reaction score
I just really wish Dean would stop slapping Dime's name on all these models.......I understand that Dime liked to fool around with design ideas and such, but I think its kind of an insult that they made it into a 7 string. Dime never played these, and even said in a interview in GW years ago that he didn't understand the 7 string craze and he himself had no need to play one......maybe he just meant the guys who got them because it suddenly became the "hot new thing".....i dunno......but i seriously doubt Dime ever said "hey guys, we have GOT to make a seven string razorback" i don't know..........the way his name gets thrown around irks me a little bit......You don't see this happen with Hendrix (ok, ok, I know there was the shortlived hendrix energy drink, and the other day i saw purple haze vodka or some shit, but come on)......you don't see fender making a 7 string reversed Hendrix strat just to sell more of them.......:wallbash: jeezus im grumpy today.:mad:

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
I just really wish Dean would stop slapping Dime's name on all these models.......I understand that Dime liked to fool around with design ideas and such, but I think its kind of an insult that they made it into a 7 string. Dime never played these, and even said in a interview in GW years ago that he didn't understand the 7 string craze and he himself had no need to play one......

I totally agree, but think of it this way. Les Paul never played a 7 string either, and like the Les Paul I just consider the Dime Razorback a name that identifies a body shape. I've said this before but, I'm sure if the Abbott family had an issue, then this would cease. They don't seem to have a problem with it, so neither do I.

Besides, Dime stamp or not, it's a badass looking guitar, and I'm really hoping that Carvin will learn from Dean and Ibanez's example.

Plaschkes

Israeli 8 Stringer
Contributor
Reaction score
Who cares if he played the guitar or not? I'm buying the guitar because of her features and tone, not because of Dimbag's name.

Vision

Reaction score
i don't know..........the way his name gets thrown around irks me a little bit......You don't see this happen with Hendrix
It happens to the best of them...
b_363.jpg

Makes you want to set it on fire.:evil:

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
I totally agree, but think of it this way. Les Paul never played a 7 string either, and like the Les Paul I just consider the Dime Razorback a name that identifies a body shape. I've said this before but, I'm sure if the Abbott family had an issue, then this would cease. They don't seem to have a problem with it, so neither do I.

:agreed:

Dime created the shape. True, it was just a couple of rough sketches on a napkin, but it is his design. In interviews I've read with Vinnie Paul on the subject, he always said how proud his brother was of his signature guitars, so I'm sure he wanted that to carry on.

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
:agreed:

Dime created the shape. True, it was just a couple of rough sketches on a napkin, but it is his design. In interviews I've read with Vinnie Paul on the subject, he always said how proud his brother was of his signature guitars, so I'm sure he wanted that to carry on.

+1 It's his shape design and that design is kickass. For a signature 7 guitar this seems to be a good deal. A Loomis is in the same ballpark. I just dig the shape. It's nice and pointy. :dime:

')