Dean Razorback 7 is out

HotRodded7321

Reaction score
Looks nice but why do Dean put Dimebag's name on this other than for the money from fans buying it?
He never played a 7 string to my knowledge (might be wrong though) and he played Washburn for most of his career as he was endorsed by them.

He never did....it's bullshit that Dean is using his name as a ploy to jump on the extended range bandwagon.

Besides...it's ugly and most likely plays like shit. :lame:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Looks kind of neat, but there just doesn't seem to be anything special about it aside from the Dime-ness. It probably costs at least four times what I'd want to pay for it, and about three times what it's worth.

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
I look forward to the day you order and review the RC7G.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I look forward to the day you order and review the RC7G.

That I can assure you won't be happening. $1900 for a guitar with a Lo-Trs? Not gonna happen. It looks cool and all, I'm sure it's nice, but unless I find one used for a ridiculous price, no way.

NDG

Contributor
Reaction score
Damn. Oh well. :lol: I'd never buy one, but I like to being vicarious with other's guitar experiences. :lol: if that makes any sense.

noodles

Contributor
Reaction score
If that is anything like the six string models, then it is going to smoke. The body shape is not my thing, but I really can't speak badly of the playability of the import Razorbacks. They feel really nice and sound mean as hell.

Why do manufacturers have to put those damn pickups into every fucking seven, though?

philkilla

Baritone Maniac
Contributor
Reaction score
This does look kinda like poo.

Maybe if yellow wasn't involved and jading my senses....

BTW, Dean and Krank are turning into some real whores with "Dime"

Profiteering is the only way companies make good money it seems...

Ancestor

Contributor
Reaction score
To me it just doesn't get any better than EMGs in mahogany. Or at least so far it hasn't. I'm a little concerned about the yellow on black attack. They have a similar thing with red instead of yellow. To me, that looks better. I still need to get into a GC or Sam Ash and play one. Might try to do that tomorrow.

I just put up a bunch of ads for guitar lessons in the laundry rooms of my apartment complex tonight, though. That's how broke I am. I really did want to invest in another instrument. It's starting to look pretty unlikely at the moment. :(

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Given my experience with the MLX7 and a Razorback 6, I'm guessing it's horribly neck heavy and it'll spike you in the chest at the first chance it gets.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why yellow?:noplease: Guitar companies: Why not give your production models a more neutral paintjob? Don't you think more people would like a black Xiphos than a glittery green or orange one? And yellow... even red is cooler than yellow. That would look cool with blood red or bright green, but yellow. :noplease:

Maybe. Since the whole point of this guitar is to be outrageous, well, I can see their approach...

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Although the shape isn't my thing and I never cared for the 6ers i've tried but I gotta say, it is nice to see it in a 7 and i'd definitely play it. :metal:

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Given my experience with the MLX7 and a Razorback 6, I'm guessing it's horribly neck heavy and it'll spike you in the chest at the first chance it gets.

I thought the same thing too- especially after seeing the huge headstock. I think they should make the 7 but leave Dime out of it. They milk his name and image for a lot of their shit.

Pablo

Resident Wanker
Reaction score
Why yellow?:noplease: Guitar companies: Why not give your production models a more neutral paintjob? Don't you think more people would like a black Xiphos than a glittery green or orange one? And yellow... even red is cooler than yellow. That would look cool with blood red or bright green, but yellow. :noplease:
Dammit - I just commited to a yellow guitar... and whilst I realise that it's ugly, I think yellow is obnoxious enough to be cool... It wasn't the Razorback though :fawk:

Personally, I think black guitars are boring as hell - I prefer any colour to none (black isn't really a colour).

I have never been a huge fan of the metal shapes, and the same goes for this Dean... I actually think it's uglier than most - which, obviously, has nothing to do with whether or not the Razorback is a quality instrument. However, with that said I think this guitar looks terribly cheap.

On a sidenote, I wonder how well that thing ballances - just from looking at it, I would think that the massive headstock is destined to dive...

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
NO ONE BUY THIS GUITAR

Mine came today and there's ZERO protection in the box OR case. Absolutely none. The headstock came with a huge chip off the headstock. Dean is a disgrace.

')