Dean sink to new depths at NAMM

• Thread starter stuz719
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

stuz719

Stoic. With a small "s".
Reaction score
Or hit new heights, depending on your point of view, I suppose.

These are genuine.

Bret Michaels series.

John Entwisle series.

Hang on...

Brand was not as important to John as the actual playability and John would let the instrument do the talking

Err... so in other words he never played Dean but we're not going to stop that minor inconvenience stop us putting his signature on our products?

:wallbash:

I know that if John were here today he would love these basses

Incredible.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
you think any other company would do any different if they had the rights?

snowblind56

Reaction score
While it is shitty of Dean to put "post-mortem sigs" out, read the article. It talks about Entwistle's son and one of his friends who are pushing this. It basically said that they chose Dean.

So if any one is to blame, it should be his estate. I would imagine it is the same way with Dimebag, that they can't release anything without the estates permission.

stuz719

Stoic. With a small "s".
Reaction score
While it is shitty of Dean to put "post-mortem sigs" out, read the article. It talks about Entwistle's son and one of his friends who are pushing this. It basically said that they chose Dean.

So if any one is to blame, it should be his estate. I would imagine it is the same way with Dimebag, that they can't release anything without the estates permission.

:agreed:

I agree to a point... it's just a shame that Dean's seemingly relentless chase for market share and dollars means that they're unafraid to enter into deals with the estates of players who never played their brand.

Coming soon - MicroSoft Word William Shakespeare edition?

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
Dean should make a signature "Day The Music Died" series for Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and the Big Bopper. Maybe they can do another "Crash" series for Lynyrd Skynyrd, Randy, and John Denver. Or a "Guns Blazing" model for Kurt.

scherzo1928

has wood for you
Reaction score
I love that we are always joking about dean making post mortem signature sreies, and overexagerating about it... And then they do it again :lol:

ArtDecade

Way Cool Jr
Reaction score
^ Haha. Yup. Dean has all the tact of a kick to the mouth.

ridner

Bastard of Thousands
Reaction score
nothing Dean has for NAMM this year makes me wanna buy it.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
Fuck Dean. Sure, the families are at fault for pushing this forward, but Dean are the ones doing it. I mean, I can understand reissuing a guitar that a famous endorser used when they were alive, but basing whole guitar lines around musicians who didn't even play them? Seriously, fucking weak. I mean, Dimebag didn't even like 7 strings, yet he has signature models of them now.

I will never get a Dean, and I urge people to do the same. Fuck em.

drmosh

Sir Paul of the Mosh
Contributor
Reaction score
Fuck Dean. Sure, the families are at fault for pushing this forward, but Dean are the ones doing it. I mean, I can understand reissuing a guitar that a famous endorser used when they were alive, but basing whole guitar lines around musicians who didn't even play them? Seriously, fucking weak. I mean, Dimebag didn't even like 7 strings, yet he has signature models of them now.

I will never get a Dean, and I urge people to do the same. Fuck em.

It's Dean's fault for trying to make some money when the opportunity is handed to them on a plate? That's ridiculous. They aren't selling guitars out of the goodness of their heart, it's a business

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
It's Dean's fault for trying to make some money when the opportunity is handed to them on a plate? That's ridiculous. They aren't selling guitars out of the goodness of their heart, it's a business

Don't care. Should businesses be excused of their actions just because they're trying to make money? No. Everyone is accountable for what they do, whatever their reasons. Hell, companies are often the reason for a lot of nasty shit that happens in our world. I don't care if they're just trying to make money, doing it off of dead musicians is poor taste.

Like I said, there is a degree of acceptability. If Dean reissued a couple of models than Dimebag played then that'd be okay, but there are 28 Dime models currently. 28. Thats taking the piss. Not to mention they slap his face on every piece of merch they can.

Philligan

The White-Knuckler
Contributor
Reaction score
...Dean Guitars as he knew company CEO Elliott 'Dean' Rubinson...

I realize he's the new CEO, and probably doesn't want to spread DBZ's name around everywhere, but faking a middle name to try and hide the fact that the company name has nothing to do with you? :noplease:

FLGearnut

Reaction score
wowee yet another cheesy product with hot rod flames that are more played out than tribal designs at this point:rolleyes:

Latest posts

')