Dean sink to new depths at NAMM

• Thread starter stuz719
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

vampiregenocide

Reaction score
i know dean has gone way over the top with the dime sigs, but hasnt jackson been makin randy rhodes sigs since the early 90's? But at least they didnt have cheeesy assed graphics all over them. meh..might as well cash in while you can i guess.

True, but they kinda made it a shape rather than a sig, like the Les Paul.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Lucas_061287

Reaction score
You don't like it, you don't buy it.
They got the rights to do it, for all we know it may be a killer instrument.
Dean bashing may be fashionable but it's getting old, seriously.
Well, I wouldn't say its the fashionable thing to do. Its more like they focus more on endorsements and signature models than they do on their own dignity, let alone quality control, and thus the majority of people bitch about it. I've never picked up a Dean guitar and said "Wow, this plays great." Not once. I'm sure I'm not alone here. Granted, a guitar's "feel" or "playability" is subject to personal preferance and how it is set up.

ittoa666

Being confused on SS.org since 2008
Reaction score
i know dean has gone way over the top with the dime sigs, but hasnt jackson been makin randy rhodes sigs since the early 90's? But at least they didnt have cheeesy assed graphics all over them. meh..might as well cash in while you can i guess.

The difference here is like you said (no cheesy graphics), combined with the fact that the instruments themselves are superb, and trust me, I love mine. The deans however, are import/export low budget trash, not to mention they are still releasing models that Dime "designed". The Rhoads has always been the same design. It's all just taste vs. tasteless when it comes down to it.

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
I've never picked up a Dean guitar and said "Wow, this plays great." Not once.

I'm guessing you haven't picked up a Dean USA RC7? It's easily one of the best production guitars you can get for metal, and I love mine to death. It truly is a beautiful instrument, and for those saying all Dean guitars are terrible, this is the one you should pick up and play.

Sadly though, the Rusty Cooley line (even though most people don't like the guy) is, in my eyes, one of the only saving graces for Dean, and any flak Dean gets for the shit like this that they do is well deserved. Like I said in the NAMM thread, I blame the estate too, but regardless of having the rights to do this, they should at least have enough respect for the musicians who have passed to not slap their name on an instrument that they were never associated with.

ra1der2

Reaction score
Brett Michaels died?

I know... real shitty, I just couldn't resist

satan-tenacious-d.jpg

Satan plays dean! It's all perfectly clear to me now :lol:

Lucas_061287

Reaction score
Satan... off of "Pick of Destiny"... played by Deo... who is? DEAD! ZOMG!!!

I'm guessing you haven't picked up a Dean USA RC7? It's easily one of the best production guitars you can get for metal, and I love mine to death. It truly is a beautiful instrument, and for those saying all Dean guitars are terrible, this is the one you should pick up and play.

Sadly though, the Rusty Cooley line (even though most people don't like the guy) is, in my eyes, one of the only saving graces for Dean, and any flak Dean gets for the shit like this that they do is well deserved. Like I said in the NAMM thread, I blame the estate too, but regardless of having the rights to do this, they should at least have enough respect for the musicians who have passed to not slap their name on an instrument that they were never associated with.

I sure haven't man. Don't get me wrong, I'll try anything once. Its just that everytime I walk into a guitar shop and see another Razorback on the wall I just go "Oh... yeah not gonna bother". I did, however, spot a satin black Razorback that looked pretty fierce, I must confess. Didn't have a chance to try it out, as some twerp kept playing (trying to play) Crazy Train on it for like 20 minutes and I just gave up waiting. Same thing happened with a used Caparison Horus in the same shop and I had money in my pocket to be spent, but NOPE, some dildo was fucking around with it for way too long and the store closed. Dude put it back, I was there the next morning like half an hour after they opened- SOLD. FFFFFUUUUUUUUUUU :mad:

WickedSymphony

Reaction score
I remember one of my friends in high school got one of those slime bumble bee Razorbacks. It was a pretty decent guitar, but I didn't care much for it back then. But hey, if you ever walk into that shop and they have an RC7 (or another Dean USA instrument), try it out. It's just silly reading that Dean doesn't make any good instruments and lacks quality control when they make a guitar like that. Mine came from the factory perfectly set up, in tune, and with not a single thing I could find that I didn't like about it QC wise. That all said though, I probably won't buy another Dean as I don't need another RC7 and that's the only guitar I like that they make :lol:

And that sucks about the Horus. I'd love to get one some day though I don't know if I could justify buying a 6 string ever again, haha.

Lucas_061287

Reaction score
^Aye, I get where you're coming from. The QC comment was based on the majority of reviews I've seen paired with my "hands on" with their guitars. Not terrible, but not great either. I'm glad yours is nice, as that makes me want the check out an RC7.

The worst part about the Horus? $850. Yep. $850. I had $400 on me which was more than enough to put it on layaway too. Thats what pisses me off the most.

Andromalia

Pardon my french
Reaction score
I've never picked up a Dean guitar and said "Wow, this plays great." Not once.

Remember a lot of the Dean catalog is entry level cheap stuff. USA Dean are good, and I have owned a high end import VMNT which was very nice, my only problem with it was the TOM that came with it. It's like judging Ibanez from trying GIO models. At least Dean pickups aren't insta-swap.

Reaction score
Just can't wait for the Jimi Hendrix signature with some giant neon cock or some other absurd bollocks on it.

Latest posts

')