Dean Trivium 7-strings

GiantBaba

omnicidal godmachine
Contributor
Reaction score
I searched and didn't find that these had been posted:

img0913tj0.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

They're not being put into production from what I've heard. Also, the "Corey Beaulieu" one looks like a Rico, but it evidently is indeed a Dean

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
Nice! :hbang: I dig Matt Heafy's 7 although I wish it had a different headstock on there.... I HATE the Dean "Y-shaped" headstocks! :mad: I think they have 7's because there's one song on their new disc that he used a JP7 on, so I guess on tour he can't use that as a Dean endorsee so they gave him that. :yesway:

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
I guess others seem to disagree, but I think Heafy's guitar looks really ugly and kind of tacky. The other one is pretty neat, though, from what I can see of it.

Toshiro

Contributor
Reaction score
I guess others seem to disagree, but I think Heafy's guitar looks really ugly and kind of tacky. The other one is pretty neat, though, from what I can see of it.

I agree with you, it looks massively off balance between the body, neck, and headstock. It's just a slimmed down Razorback anyway.

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I like both of them, but that V looks very good. BTW in what song is he using a low tuning?

maccayoung

Reaction score
The last track off 'The Crusade' if I remember correctly. I read it in a guitar world.

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I don't like Heafy's one, and I can't see enough of Beaulieu's to comment. I'm sure I'd heard Beaulieu didn't like 7's though? Cool to see another band playing 7's :metal:

HighGain510

Contributor
Reaction score
"And sadness will sear"

Yep, sorry I forgot to post the song name. You can tell right away in the intro riff, it's sooooo low and chunky that it just has to be a low B! :hbang: The tuning was standard BEADGBE skinhead. They gave all this info in that Guitar World mag that was mentioned previously. I like Trivium, I just hope Matt will give up the Hetfield obsession by their next album. :(

IBZ Addict

Reaction score
the head on that first 7 looks freaking huge

That's what I thought when I took the first glance at the Heafy pic. Maybe it would look better with the Dean headstock on the Mustaine model, although I'm not a big fan of that headstock shape either.

Naren

OldschoolGhettostyle
Reaction score
Heafy's looks "okay" - not too much a fan of that one - but the other guy's seven looks GREAT. And I normally don't like V's - so that's saying quite a bit.

ibzrg1570

Reaction score
They use 7s in "This World Can't Tear Us Apart" and "The Crusade" (that's the last track on the album that was mentioned before) as well.

I like Corey's 7 better, Matt's looks too skinny.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Very nice. The one Matt Heafy is holding is like a smaller XL which I think looks better than the razorback 7. :metal:

distressed_romeo

F'king ............
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Meh. They're alright. I'm not a Trivium fan, but it's cool to see more 'name' players using Deans and sevenstrings.