Dear Angra, please ask Matos nicely to return

• Thread starter DLG
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
why doesn't he just quit the band then?

Who wants to hear old Angra sung like a Godsmack song?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

GalacticDeath

Reaction score
Hmm it does seem like he's struggling through the song. Maybe with a bit more practice he'll be able to increase his range.

Shrikkanth

Reaction score
Haha fuck off. Edu >>> Matos. If not for his voice then for his music. The second Almah album DESTROYS all of Matos' solo stuff

Edika

Reaction score
Angels Cry and Holy Land were two amazing albums. When I first heard them though I didn't like Matos voice. After listening the albums a couple of times I started to like the vocal melodies over the music and actually started to like his voice.

When the europower/power/prog was popular every singer was trying to show that he was castrated. Anything that was sung in the normal register men would sing was less popular. That is why I liked Fates Warning when Ray Alder was singing. Beautiful music and a singer that was very expressive and didn't try to break glass with high pitches all the time.

DLG

not guthrie govan
Reaction score
Angels Cry and Holy Land were two amazing albums. When I first heard them though I didn't like Matos voice. After listening the albums a couple of times I started to like the vocal melodies over the music and actually started to like his voice.

When the europower/power/prog was popular every singer was trying to show that he was castrated. Anything that was sung in the normal register men would sing was less popular. That is why I liked Fates Warning when Ray Alder was singing. Beautiful music and a singer that was very expressive and didn't try to break glass with high pitches all the time.

except on No Exit :)

Kwirk

The Wrong Advices
Reaction score
I noticed a decline in his voice after Rebirth. He sounds fucking amazing on Rebirth, I love his voice on that album. That being said, his vocals get a tad bit annoying on their latest release because you can hear the damage he's done on his voice over the years and it just sounds like he's struggling to hit the notes.

Latest posts

')