Dear George Lucas: PLEASE STOP!

• Thread starter petereanima
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

SomeGuy97

Reaction score
Comes out this month right? I've only been waiting like 2 1/2 years watching every other movie EVER come out on Blu-Ray, but whatever...

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
Agreed. The man has lost his mind. The original trilogy single-handedly turned Darth Vader from the galaxy's biggest badass to its biggest pussy, and this is only making it worse.

:noplease:

thedonal

Reaction score
It's like on the Star Wars DVD release when R2D2's shot by the jawa's. The thump he makes when he falls over sounds more like something about 100 times larger than it is.

It's a mix of Lucas' fucking abysmal judgment and ability to know when to stop tweaking things and sound fx guys with just the same lack in taste.

He probably thinks that by adding these changes, everyone will buy it again because it's got 'new' things in.

Personally, I'm more likely to give away anything related to Star Wars I have (not much now- DVDs and soundtracks) and NEVER even think about it again.

And I'm REALLY sick of him saying that it's how he originally wanted the films to be. Why the FUCK didn't he put these in them then? He certainly had the money and talent sitting around him saying "Yes" and sucking his balls for him.

Why is it he changes bits of the classic films to fit in with the new films? WHY DIDN'T HE MAKE THE NEW FILMS FIT WITH THE ONES HE'D ALREADY FUCKING WELL MADE?!!

I bet he's going to add a few CG characters and space ships, just so he can sell yet more toys.

George Lucas is completely without artistic merit. What has he done that's actually new in the last 20 or so years? He's little more than a glorified toy salesman.

I think he's going to reap a huge load of hate over these releases. But so what? Fuck'im. I'm certainly not paying for any of his output again. I personally hope sales dive (Christ- the price of the sets alone is enough to put me off. It's not like he's already made his money over on the home releases- what- 5 or 6 times now?).

Fucking cunt. He really makes my blood boil. Like many here, I grew up with Star Wars and it really inspired my imagination. Sadly, that's been completely undone by the guy who actually created it. You can't even blame Fox for this one!

As you can see- I'm fairly passionate about this topic. :)

thedonal

Reaction score
he's on writer's block like since forever!! Make Episode 7 already!!!!

No! DON'T make Episode 7. Or at least let someone else write/direct it!

In fact- just WALK AWAY FROM STAR WARS!! As it is, it will continue to rake in cash.

Make a new, different fucking film, for the love of God! :scream:

At least Spielberg learned his lesson about not fucking with his original material, after the ET debacle. I hope he has some serious clout when it comes to the Indiana Jones transfers and ensures that Lucas leaves them as is.

Sorry. I'll stop ranting now. I promise. :eek:

thedonal

Reaction score
Just one additional thought-

Is he going to go all "Ministry of Truth" at some point and declare that the updated versions ARE the originals that we all saw in our childhood?! :D

Orwell would be in fits with that one!

technomancer

Gearus Pimptasticus
Super Moderator
Reaction score
:sigh:

Ah well, I had already decided not to buy these when I saw the set didn't include the original theatrical releases in addition to the "improved" versions :shrug:

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
You had me at "Dear George Lucas: Please Stop!"
I can't tell you how many times I've thought that over the last 10 years. He got it right the first time, and is now just churning out "New Coke" subpar variations and resting on his laurels.

synrgy

Ya ya ya I am Lorde
Reaction score
ab909f6a-23a2-4846-919a-5ecab3f83d74.jpg

Origin

Rainbow In The Dark
Reaction score
Can someone please just take them away from him, he's getting fingerprints and unnecessary bullshit ALL over them..

My childhood's dead.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Lets see...

The PT had JarJar and the worst looking lightsabers ever....Spaceballs lightsabers looked better... FAIL

The PT had that fucking "Noooooooo" crap in it.....FAIL

The PT had Hayden Christiansen, Natalie Portman, Jake Lloyd......FAIL (although SLJ being it almost made up for it).

The CG Yoda....ugh...wtf. I mean, i get it for PT continuity....but ugh.

The RotJ "Noooooo" churns my stomach. The Krayt dragon thing....not necessary.

This franchise has been raped, over and over again. The best thing to come out of them after the original theatrical release of RotJ has been: Spaceballs and Fanboys.

He better not making a fucking Episode 7. Although, even the fact that ppl call the OT "Episode 4/5/6" irritates me to no end. It's not "Episode" any-fucking-thing.....it's Star Wars, The Empire Strikes Back (personal fav of all), and Return of the Jedi.

The **ONLY** reason I'd get the BluRay is to see the documentary in the bonus section on the 501st, which I'm a member of and have friends in it.....not worth that kid of cash....I'll watch it at a friend's house.

Hallowway said it perfectly - "He got it right the first time" .....he's just...ugh. I've seen fan films that are better than AotC AND TCW.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
hahaha +1. I still have the old VHS tapes that had the THX logo at the beginning. Those are still the best version I've seen.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
i just pretend the edited stuff never happened,and pop my vhs copies in:fawk:
This ^ LOL

Why is it necessary! He officially lost his mind.
Small edits like the eyes blinking and such, i've no problem with...especially b/c its hardly noticeable...but when you start changing/adding heavy sound fx and doing full-on CG character replacement......that = fail IMO

Latest posts

')