Dear George Lucas: PLEASE STOP!

• Thread starter petereanima
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Xiphos68

Reaction score
As cool as a followup would be, how about a movie or two that centers around Boba Fett?
Take #1 bad ass bounty hunter, and make a movie about his exploits. It's a no-brainer that could be done well, sell, and give all the Lucas arts people something new to work on.
:2c:

They did a game around Jango Feet which was pretty sweet.

Personally, I'd like to see a movie on how the republic came about and Yoda becoming a Jedi and what not.

To me a follow up to 4,5,6 wouldn't be the same, because the characters wouldn't be in it from the originals and I wouldn't enjoy it as much.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Munk

Reaction score
They did a game around Jango Feet which was pretty sweet.

Personally, I'd like to see a movie on how the republic came about and Yoda becoming a Jedi and what not.

To me a follow up to 4,5,6 wouldn't be the same, because the characters wouldn't be in it from the originals and I wouldn't enjoy it as much.

That would be better than what's coming out. They have touched on a few characters through the gaming community, but I think that leaves a lot of fans out of the loop.
All these great CG effects and they still can't remove Jar Jar. :lol:

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...

So... basically you want the movie equivalent to the groaning shelves of Star Wars novelizations in the bookstores? Can't stand a new development in that same universe?

Neither can George Lucas. Is it any surprise that he's focusing on them the same way?

For as simple a space opera the Star Wars story is, I prefer Avatar.

Beowulf Von Thrashmeister

Reaction score
I still have the VHS too, but they are hardly watchable... :-/
(there is a reason why I know almost every word of the original trilogy by heart)

Me too (I know the movies ad verbatum) !!!. :)

I still have my VHS copies of the original Star Wars trilogy too, in that metal `Executioner` box set that came out in the mid 90`s.

Hell, lets all watch it on VHS and re-live the 80`s and even listen to the soundtracks on vinyl as analogue sounds better anyway !!!. :D

Why on earth George Lucas keeps messing with these films is beyond me, what happened to the George Lucas who made THX1138, American Graffiti and of course Star wars (the first film I ever saw at the cinema) ?

Could it be creative stagnation ?

Waelstrum

All Fourths Advocate
Reaction score
This is the infallible work of the invisible hand of the market. If you don't like it, you're all communists.

But seriously, I grew up watch the prequel trilogy. Sure, I'd seen the original first, but I didn't really see how either trilogy was superior. I did find one thing kind of weird, and that was the apparent target audience. The first three seemed to be adventure movies that it would be ok to let your kids see. Then the Phantom Menace came out, and it was basically a kids movie. (This probably explains why I liked it at the time.) The Attack of the Clones came out and it seemed to have a similar target audience as the first trilogy. Then came Return of the Sith and there was that immolation scene, along with a few other things, and it was really jarring. I think this might be why a lot of people didn't like the PT, because it doesn't seem to fit any one demographic, unless you are growing up as the movies were released (like I was).

Demiurge

Reaction score
While this is a travesty, I can't help but think that Mel Brooks needs to parody this revisionism by rereleasing Spaceballs with the same treatment.

kung_fu

Vulcan Lute God
Reaction score

These pics basically prove the pointlessness of these additional restorations. Though i haven't yet read the article, the only differences i spotted in the photos were the fixing of the puppeteer's arm and making the emperor's face brighter.

Which culture is it that purposely sews a flaw into the pattern when making carpets (?) because they believe perfection is solely the realm of the creator? Well, whichever it is it seems Lucas doesn't agree with them. Or more likely he does agree with them...he just believes himself to be god :lol:. I remember growing up and getting star wars magazines where they would talk about all of the little flaws in the original trilogy, but in a loving way. It was fun to talk about because it made us star wars fans bond in sharing these hidden moments. It isn't as though they were glaring mistakes, just tiny little things that only someone who knows where to look could find them. Like when Han has set explosives on Endor that will take down the enemy shields. As he dives to get out of the way of the blast, you see his reflection from the protective blast shield that they use on the set to protect the actors/cameras/crew. Another example is when C3po is blown to bits on Cloud city, and when chewbacca comes finds him dismantled on the conveyor belt, you can see the camera crew reflected in 3po's head. And that one scene where Carrie Fisher is crossing her legs, but she isn't wearing any underwear and i swear you can see her......oh wrong movie :fawk:

While i actually didn't really mind what he did with the touch-ups that came out with the release of the original trilogy on dvd (appart from "Jedi", with the horrid dancers/singers, the replacement of several pieces of original music, and the addition of Heyden Christiansen as the dead Anakin....would Luke even recognize him?? Why not pencil in Ewan MacGregor or the horrid Yoda puppet they used in Phantom Menace the while we're at it AAAARRRGGG!!!) I don't think that those should replace the originals but merely act as a supplement. That's why the original dvd release was so boss, because it had BOTH versions. I kind of wish they had the Leonard Maltin interviews with Lucas (smiling like an asshole) that are on my VHS but whatever. I fear that with the originals being omitted from the Blu-Ray package that the movies that i loved as a kid could be gone forever. Hopefully, whatever the next format is Lucas will have gotten enough shit from fans that they will include the unedited originals.

Hollowway

Extended Ranger
Reaction score
While this is a travesty, I can't help but think that Mel Brooks needs to parody this revisionism by rereleasing Spaceballs with the same treatment.

:lol: That's an awesome idea! I remember when I first saw Spaceballs the friend I watched it with was so pissed off because he thought it was just a poorly made movie. I kept trying to explain that it was a satire, but he didn't get it. I think at this point everyone but GL would get it!

Powermetalbass

Powermetalbassist
Reaction score
Get used to it. People will re-make and edit movies for profit forever. We live in a society where if they can make a buck on it (again!) it qwill be made. Want a solution? Stop buying his crap! Although we all know there are too many stupid Starwars nerds out there that whatever the common man does won't really hurt him

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Dude, my problem is not that X versions and packages and boxes are available...my problem is the ONE version which is awesome beeing NOT available

chronocide

Total Grind Hell
Reaction score
The PT had Hayden Christiansen, Natalie Portman, Jake Lloyd......FAIL (although SLJ being it almost made up for it).

Bar Alex Guinness, Natalie Portman is the finest actor that's been in a Star Wars film, poor girl just got lumped with a terrible script and honking direction.

I don't really get why people care about his endless fiddling with the films. I've got the originals on DVD and VHS, so he can do whatever he likes, I'll just not bother to watch them.

ghostred7

Banned
Reaction score
Bar Alex Guinness, Natalie Portman is the finest actor that's been in a Star Wars film, poor girl just got lumped with a terrible script and honking direction.

I don't really get why people care about his endless fiddling with the films. I've got the originals on DVD and VHS, so he can do whatever he likes, I'll just not bother to watch them.
Wait...so you think Natalie Portman is a better actor and Harrison Ford? :squint:

Mark Hammill's best acting work is the voiceover for the original WB animated Batman series playing The Joker.

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
I think he means "finest" as in "Damn, look at Natalie Portman!"

7slinger

wake up dead
Contributor
Reaction score
I don't really have a problem with Lucas fucking with the movies, my only beef is that he doesn't do anything new besides these little changes to the originals.

Wasn't there talk at one point about a live-action TV show based on SW universe? I'd watch that - I bet it would be better than Bachelor Pad.

...and what I really want is a new fucking SW shooter game, one that kicks fucking ass. There have been a bunch of good shooters the last few years, why no SW? My friends and I had a blast with Battlefront.

As cool as a followup would be, how about a movie or two that centers around Boba Fett?
Take #1 bad ass bounty hunter, and make a movie about his exploits. It's a no-brainer that could be done well, sell, and give all the Lucas arts people something new to work on.
:2c:

A Boba Fett based movie would be awesome. Picture the first scene, flashback, all out fucking Jedi/droid battle where Jango get's his head cut the fuck off by Mace Windu, then Boba looks at the sky and screams "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!"

MFB

Banned
Reaction score
There was Republic Commando, which while somewhat easy and overall kind of boring, it was still a blast to play through the first few times.

yingmin

Parker über alles
Reaction score
Yeah, Natalie Portman is by no means a bad actress. Hell, there were plenty of actors that sucked on ice in the prequel trilogy that are otherwise decent to good.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
16309bb3-6ddd-4a55-a0d7-cc1ae7b741d9.jpg

Latest posts

')