Dear George Lucas: PLEASE STOP!

• Thread starter petereanima
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
I still have the VHS too, but they are hardly watchable... :-/
(there is a reason why I know almost every word of the original trilogy by heart)

Xiphos68

Reaction score
You havent read any interviews with Lucas lately, have you? :(

Not recently, I haven't.

What is he exactly doing?

In youtube vid is he changing all the sounds and what not?

Now something interesting, I read an interview about a year or two ago.

Where 7,8, and 9 are coming into play?

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
And I'm REALLY sick of him saying that it's how he originally wanted the films to be. Why the FUCK didn't he put these in them then? He certainly had the money and talent sitting around him saying "Yes" and sucking his balls for him.

actually he didn't. He directed the A New Hope as we all know, but the main reason he got to was because the studio didn't know if it was going to be successful or not. after its unprecedented success the studio took over most of the production decisions for the remaining two films. for example, Lucas wanted Speilberg to be the FX director but the studio blocked him. others included Lucas being replaced as director for ESB and RTJ, his roll was of executive producer and writer. the original trilogy is marked by Lucas fighting with Fox to do what he really wanted. ever wonder why the Originals rock and the newest ones suck? Lucas setup his on production company and can pretty much do everything he wants in house, with only financial/distribution help from the studio. basically, less people reigning him in.

whether or not he actually wanted to do half this shit before is one thing, but his excuse is still good.... actually its not... because in the past he only wanted to alter the films for certain large special effects shots... yup he's a whore

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Not recently, I haven't.

What is he exactly doing?

He is NOT going to release the original theatrical version on blueray, as he doesnt "like it enough" or doesnt stand behind it (i cant recall the exact words he used) in its original version, therefor he wont transfer it into HD.

For the current version - its still only the one with the shitload of additional scenes (which imho just DONT fit), and now also the additional added "NOOOO!"'s and what have you...so, no original version for us. :(

Xiphos68

Reaction score
He is NOT going to release the original theatrical version on blueray, as he doesnt "like it enough" or doesnt stand behind it (i cant recall the exact words he used) in its original version, therefor he wont transfer it into HD.

For the current version - its still only the one with the shitload of additional scenes (which imho just DONT fit), and now also the additional added "NOOOO!"'s and what have you...so, no original version for us. :(

Well that's unfortunate because the originals are the ones that made Star Wars a great story and popular.

I don't see what wrong with them, they're awesome imo.

Now is there going to be a CGI Yoda?

EDIT: Just watched the videos on youtube.
:noplease:

Pauly

Not so local lefty
Reaction score
In 25 years the only things from the original film that will remain are the characters, the story, and the camera angles. The rest will all be completely new CG. Lucas will find some way to clone himself, his replacements able to keep changing the films until universal Heat Death.

Mr Violence

Reaction score
I lucked out and found an original Ep. 4-6 VHS set at a Salvation Army. 2 bucks. I'm done. That's all there is to it and those are the only copies in my life. Or ever will be.

Grand Moff Tim

Some call me... Tim
Reaction score
The DVD versions I have have the original on one side and the altered on the other. That's good enough for me.

EDIT: That or it came with a DVD copy of each. I don't remember. It's been a while :lol:.

highlordmugfug

themuthaphukkindeath
Reaction score
starwarsblurayw.jpg

:lol:

The Munk

Reaction score
he's on writer's block like since forever!! Make Episode 7 already!!!!

As cool as a followup would be, how about a movie or two that centers around Boba Fett?
Take #1 bad ass bounty hunter, and make a movie about his exploits. It's a no-brainer that could be done well, sell, and give all the Lucas arts people something new to work on.
:2c:

')