Dear Ibanez...where's...?

• Thread starter OmegaSlayer
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

gunch

goof-ass
Reaction score
Gibraltar h8rs missed last year when they released the Gibraltar Standard II

Also, notice before when they'd put Gibraltars on damn near everything they're now saving the new ones for Iron Labels and above?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Petar Bogdanov

Reaction score
Gibraltar h8rs missed last year when they released the Gibraltar Standard II

Also, notice before when they'd put Gibraltars on damn near everything they're now saving the new ones for Iron Labels and above?

The fender-style hardtail is probably 5 bucks. And it's still better than a ToM.

PunchLine

Reaction score
I wonder if there's some strange manufacturing problem we're not aware of so that the reverse headstock must be so rare.
In my head they're just lefty necks with reverse logos, but maybe I'm wrong.

I think Ibby should run every model at 90% of production with regular headstock and 10% with reverse and see what happens.

Maybe they limit the availability of the reverse headstock models to the public so that they can use these guitars to attract and keep endorsers. Wood, hw, pu, color choices are available from all manufacturers... But a mean-looking reverse headstock Ibanez guitar is only available from Ibanez...

PunchLine

Reaction score
But, it's not all about the money. Companies like Ibanez really rely on their distributors and retailers, without them and their support there would be no Ibanez. To that end, they need to produce guitars that WILL sell and not just sit and collect dust and force their dealers and distributors to take a loss. They need to keep the relationship good.

The same thing happened with the RGA and RGT models, they were released at numerous price points, in tons of different (non-black even) colors, and they didn't really sell. Ibanez even tried bringing back the RGA (twice in fact!) and it again flopped, both the Indo and Japanese models.

Consumers/end-users typically overlook the fact that distributors and retailers are the "customers" of a manufacturer. We, the end-users are the "customers" of the retailers. We never write a check or give our credit card number to Ibanez.

Our local distributor still has two RGT Prestige models in stock. That's like tieing your capital to stock for what? 4-5 years? Huge loss...

surge

Reaction score
Was just looking around and it appears that SweetWater USA has the RG3727FZ!
Really amazing that they were able to get those European market RG 7 strings and sell them here. Props to them.
Flame top, Edge Zero 7 w/ ZPS, Mahogany (or it it basswood? Sweet water has both listed on their specs page, lol), beautiful...
Not necessarily a fan of the transparent black finish but I think I could live with it.
I am glad at least ONE Ibanez reseller here in the USA is listening to me and giving more 7 string RG trem options!
And of course it's the Edge Zero, my second favorite (ZR / SynchroniZR first)...The intonation set screw alone is enough to cream over...Can't begin to describe how nice it is to have that when doing setups.
Damn...I think I'm going to buy this! ::happy dance::

')