DeArmond s67

• Thread starter pendar
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

pendar

Reaction score
Any opinions out there on the DeArmond s67 ?
I here the pickups are supposed to be good.
Any comments appreciated:hbang:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Makelele

Reaction score
:worth:

I don't know anything about that guitar man.

Google is your friend.

dearmond.jpg

Found a review too:http://lilytears.com/arts/music/guitar/7string/dearmond.htm

playstopause

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd rather have Epiphone (or Gibson, but i think that's nearly impossible) to come up with a 7-string SG than buy this. I don't know... something looks wrong on this guitar but i can't quite put my finger on it.

SG's are my fav. old-fashionned looking guitar by far.
The one company that's gonna come up with 7-string SG's + Explorers are gonna make good sells... If that ever happens one day.

7StringofAblicK

Contributor
Reaction score
I'd rather have Epiphone (or Gibson, but i think that's nearly impossible) to come up with a 7-string SG than buy this. I don't know... something looks wrong on this guitar but i can't quite put my finger on it.

SG's are my fav. old-fashionned looking guitar by far.
The one company that's gonna come up with 7-string SG's + Explorers are gonna make good sells... If that ever happens one day.

The ESP/LTD Viper 7 is an SG shape...I have a 6 string Viper 400 and it absolutely smokes.

huber

Contributor
Reaction score
I played a 6 string Viper. It was a pretty sweet guitar. I must say it surprised me. Never played the 7 though. I think I'd go with a Viper over Epi/Gibson. Never played DeArmond.

Shannon

Lord Super Awesome
Contributor
Reaction score
The DeArmond is pretty much a copy of the famous Kim Thayil-approved Guild S-100.

1997_Guild_S-100_Polara_cherry.jpg

pendar

Reaction score
I think I'm gonna go for it, 189 bucks..... canadian!!
HeeHee!

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
:mad:
Why do people insist on putting guitars on the ground when they take pictures of them?
"Yeah, it looks great in the picture, but what the fuck are all of these scratches?" :nono:

hahaha :lol:

That's true, they put some conklin on the floor, some customs on the floor.

They look like they where cheap guitars hehe.

That SG it's a litle strange too me.

pendar

Reaction score
Got it! after changing the strings and setting it up I was quite surprised, the neck feels great and the sounds out of both pickups are sweet. The bridge pu is hotter than I expected. There is easy access to all frets and the low B rings clear. It does look very similar to the Guild Kim Thayil played. Can't believe it only cost $180 cdn.

Stitch

Banned
Reaction score
I played the 6-er of that and i loved it. Not my cup of tea (i like more points on my guitar, not a tellytubby shape) but your right about the pup's awesome ::metal:

pendar

Reaction score
Yeah, the more I play it the more impressed I am.
The bridge p/u is wayyyy hotter than I can believe !
Are these pickups made by DeArmond? I'm considering putting these p/u in my Jackson dx-7 reverse, (Which already sounds great) because I'm a sucker for the neck.
The DeArmond feels pretty good but if you really wanna shred you gotta go Jackson!:agreed:

')