Death metal amps

• Thread starter defchime
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
The funny part about "your tone" is this:

once you get your tone, and you know what you sound like - you get that tone on any amp you play. The amp simply adds it's own flavour.

I've played my jsx and a dual rec halfie - i still sound like me regardless.

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
It looks like the amps you really want are just a little bit out of your stated range, so I agree that it might be worth it to just wait a little longer and save a little more.

For 1300 hundred you could do a 6505+, mod it to original 6505 specs WITH bias mod and more, and have a mean ass 6505 that's even MORE aggressive and ballsy than the 6505, with adjustable bias, AND a good clean.

Dude. For $1300 hundred, he could get whatever the hell he wanted and then buy it all over again as a backup rig. :lol:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
:rofl: :dick:?

to the OP: if what you want is a bit out of your price range, wait and save. Do Not Settle.

defchime

Reaction score
:rofl: :dick:?

to the OP: if what you want is a bit out of your price range, wait and save. Do Not Settle.

ru talkin to me?....what i want is right out of my price range thats why i am saving for it...i have enough for a bugera already but im not settleing for it.

i've yet to try the 6505 but i will next time im at this guitar center that i know has it...but if i dont like it im goin with the v3

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
why are you stuck between only those 2 amps, if you dont mind my asking?

defchime

Reaction score
why are you stuck between only those 2 amps, if you dont mind my asking?

v3 is a good price and can get a good death metal type tone and has good cleans and shit...6505 is a pretty damn good price for what some say awesome brutal tone.....i dont really know if any other amp can hold up against these ones at that price, if it were up to me your skill would pay for the amp you get.:realmad:

if you have any other suggestions for amps around the price of $1300 feel free to recomend them, but i think part of the reason why i want the 6505 or v3 is because there easily accessable to me....6505 being 45 minutes away and v3 being available online

E Lucevan Le Stelle

in love with Judas
Reaction score
Depends on what you're after..I'm in a death/black metal band and I use a JSX and it sounds killer. True it's not for everyone but that's why I like it, it's tone is unique

IIRC, that's because you've modded it to fuck and back... :lol:

(Easy now, don't rape me...)

Oh, and as for the amp question - in that price range I'd say 5150/6505. Sling a Tubescreamer in front of it to boost it and turn the amp gain down (tightens the amp up a bit) and you've got a serious death metal amp right there...just make sure you get yourself a decent cab as well, perhaps a Vader 2x12 or 4x12?

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
you haev $1300?

that opens up used rectos, mesa mark III's...

sami

porkshop sammiches
Reaction score
Sami....

duntoldrape.jpg

BWahahhaahahah!!! Never saw this one. Damn, how many poses do they have of this guy??

Reaction score
Dude. For $1300 hundred, he could get whatever the hell he wanted and then buy it all over again as a backup rig. :lol:

That's true..I just mean if he wanted to go the 5150 route he'd have money left over to do other things.

IIRC, that's because you've modded it to fuck and back... :lol:

(Easy now, don't rape me...)

I didn't do THAT much. I loved the amp stock, and I would have been perfectly happy with it that way, but I had cash and I wanted to see what could be done to make it even better. Money damn well spent IMO and I'd recommend it to anyone who's found their amp and just wanted it tailored for them. Like a suit.

And I dun told you you was gonna get loved tenderly....don't make me change my mind

defchime

Reaction score
What??? i have a budget of $1300, not $130,000...if i had $130,000 id probly kill someone cuz thats way too much money for a 16 year old unemployed uneducated metalhead stoner to have...lol

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
What??? i have a budget of $1300, not $130,000...if i had $130,000 id probly kill someone cuz thats way too much money for a 16 year old unemployed uneducated metalhead stoner to have...lol

Yeah, that was kinda my point. :p I was just poking fun at Drakkar for referring to the "$1300 hundred" you had to work with. He meant $1300, but he said $130,000.

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Dude, definitely start with the V3, try it for a weak, tweak the fuck out of it and then try out the 6505+.

Do all this within 10 days and you're laughin. you can make you decision then.

Remember: try them both with YOUR cab or the SAME cab.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
But go for ENGL just in case :D

^ this.

I didn't do THAT much. I loved the amp stock, and I would have been perfectly happy with it that way, but I had cash and I wanted to see what could be done to make it even better. Money damn well spent IMO and I'd recommend it to anyone who's found their amp and just wanted it tailored for them. Like a suit.

what did you do to your JSX dude? DTX stands for Drakkar Tyrannis X then :lol:

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
No one saw the part where i said "mesa mark III" did they :rant:

')