Death metal amps

• Thread starter defchime
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

onefingersweep

Reaction score
I would recommend, ENGL Fireball, Savage, Powerball, just try them and see which one you like. There's plenty of other amps that is good for death metal also but ENGL is easy, just plug into the amp and go.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:flame:

Eric did something a mod does, yay!!!!! :wub:

sepherus

The Crimson Comedian
Contributor
Reaction score
The post bump era of this tread was full of epic lulz.

In regards to the original topic, why did no one ever suggest a Peavey Rockmaster and power amp?

Mattnh79

kayke
Reaction score
Marshall 8100 or 8200! (stereo version) w/ a Randall or vader 2x15, the randall cabs have lots of low end without "shaking" i can't describe it, either way, they both do T3H 8R00T4LZ :p both brootal deth in a box! no 1 thinks of marshall in metal w/ out a boost or something but u can play these w/ out any fx or boosts/overdrives/distortions and sound better than a 5150/6505!

avenger

Reaction score
Okay well this thread turned out to be a laugh. Anyhow I am going to search for a quick answer here instead of creating a new thread.

I have an Ampeg VH140c on its way to my doorstep as we speak. This is all fine and dandy but I really need a cab to go with it! This is my first non-combo so I am a complete n00b so if I suggest something silly don't go to hard on me.

Alright I am looking at this (Bugera 212V-BK 2x12) because it fills out what I am looking for in a cab perfectly and is a fantastic price meaning no waiting to have an amp again.

But the question is... is it decent or garbage?

:scratch:

Reaction score
I think it'd be decent for a short time period. Given the amp head you bought and this thread title, i'm going to assume you're going for something brutal. If that's the case, Dying Fetus uses Vader cabinets when running the Ampeg. I'm not sure if that'd be within your budget, though, because I'm only familiar with the US prices. Maybe check out Basson or Avatar.

If all else fails, you could probably find something used that is infinitely better than the Bugera for a bit more.

avenger

Reaction score
Yeah I have been searching the kijiji's and craigslists like a mofo. I would prefer to find something abit better used. Alot of stuff is 4x12 I find and I really dont have the room for it right now.

petereanima

Br00tal Bubbly Mofo
Reaction score
Okay well this thread turned out to be a laugh. Anyhow I am going to search for a quick answer here instead of creating a new thread.

I have an Ampeg VH140c on its way to my doorstep as we speak. This is all fine and dandy but I really need a cab to go with it! This is my first non-combo so I am a complete n00b so if I suggest something silly don't go to hard on me.

Alright I am looking at this (Bugera 212V-BK 2x12) because it fills out what I am looking for in a cab perfectly and is a fantastic price meaning no waiting to have an amp again.

But the question is... is it decent or garbage?

:scratch:

i personally wouldnt go for a Bugera Cab. A very good match imho vor the VH140c is the good ol' Marshall 1960 - when we played with Dying Fetus, they didnt bring their Vader Cabs with them, but had Marshall 1960 cabs. the tone was monstrous.

they should be available used for cheap, and they are reliable!

my recommendation!

avenger

Reaction score
i personally wouldnt go for a Bugera Cab. A very good match imho vor the VH140c is the good ol' Marshall 1960 - when we played with Dying Fetus, they didnt bring their Vader Cabs with them, but had Marshall 1960 cabs. the tone was monstrous.

they should be available used for cheap, and they are reliable!

my recommendation!
Alright I will check this out. I mean if its good enough for dying fetus then I am sure its good enough for a jam warrior like me.

Did they come in 2x12 format? I am really trying to stay away from a 4x12 as awesome as that would be I am not sure I have the space to really use something that big/loud right now!

Thanks for the recommendation, I can't wait to try this thing out. I am sure it will be a step up from my Laney combo!

:lol:

')