DEATH METAL CONTENT - I need you guys to pick our best song please - competition

• Thread starter Dylan S
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Dylan S

Reaction score
Hey guys,

So the summer slaughter tour is coming to Australia (Necrophagist, Aborted, Dying Fetus, etc) and they need an Australian band to open the show in each state they are playing it in.

Long story short, we have to e-mail the organisers our myspace and what we think is our best song, and then from there they pick the 4 best in each state who play off in a battle-of-the-bands type situation for the spot.

MySpace.com - Celephai - Newcastle, AU - Death Metal / Black Metal / Progressive - www.myspace.com/celephai

What would you consider our best song out of 'Qyr Ahr'bn Bl'enn', 'Final Hour' or 'Empire'? The recordings aren't final yet and won't be for a while, but just in terms of the 'best song', what do you reckon?

Thanks for helping out. :)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I've been listening to your stuff since you gave me a link to it a while back. I would say that Final Hour is probably my favorite. Maybe add a poll on this thread.

PirateMetalTroy

The Tooth Fairy
Reaction score
the singing (actual singing) in Qyr------ is terrible, avoid using that...i was diggin the tune until that part...ruined the song for me.

Empire is decent though. I didn't hate it, and I listen to nothing but power metal. That's got to say something...

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score
My vote goes for Empire. It sounds the most interesting, and it's pretty powerful straight from the get-go. Depending on how many bands the organizers are listening to, they might even be listening to only the first minute of the song. I really don't know how it works, just a guess. And in that case Empire is easily the most powerful. Final Hour is too slow to build.. I wouldn't recommend that one.

scottro202

I'm walkin' here!!!
Reaction score
the songs are very good imo, they all seem good in their own respects. the one with all those weird letters and starts with a Q is my fave though.

but the recordings seem to be lacking in the low mids and bass frequencies if you ask me. i dont know whether that could effect your chances of opening for summer slaughter or not (it shouldnt though).

but if youre just concerned about songs and things, very good indeed. :yesway:

EDIT: o, just re-read your post, forget all that jib-jab bout the low frequencies ;)

ZXIIIT

XIII
Reaction score
Qyr Ahr'bn Bl'enn.
It starts off good, dirty vocals sound good (clean vocals to me don't fit that song, but are good)

Empire and Final Hour are good too.

Latest posts

')