Death Metal Teacher Sacked

• Thread starter DaveCarter
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Espaul

Reaction score
Too bad he quit his job for that band :p

but seriously, would you fire a teacher who played a pedophile in a movie once for example.. no you wouldn't...

People like this just doesn't know how to reflect around decisions.. these are the ones who would burn women in the belief that they are witches :/

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Thep

Blast & Sweep
Reaction score
its these kinds of things that worries me about my own future careers.

Varcolac

Frets? What frets?
Reaction score
Can't believe nobody's used this word yet.

5b7os7.png

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
Would this have happened any differently if he were in a punk band that drank, swore, and talked about sniffing glue or scoring chinese rock? Hmmm

Dragonfly

Reaction score
" a blood smeared death metal rock singer."

So.. he sings using rocks?
That seems cool!!

No, but those parents commeting are a bit weird... :wavey:

Reaction score
its all bullshit. hard bullshit. the equivilant of tequila and vodka mixed. thats how hard of bullshit it is.

loktide

dotlike
Contributor
Reaction score
haha, news go around faster than you'd think :lol:

this guy is from a more or less local band from the region i live in. i'm not a fan of their music nor their attitude, but this hitting the news is quite a bit of promotion for a band you wouldn't ever have heard of otherwise :lol:

Aurochs34

SDMF, mofos
Reaction score
Yeah! RAH! I'm glad they got rid of that asshole too! I mean who would want that kind crazy man supervising their own kids before they get sent home to nanny? Yeah!
It's all those mindless hooligans out there turning our kids to shit, not our neglect and detached contributory nurturing of narcissism!
I quote some fellow geniuses to illustrate my point:

"death metal is waste music." Yeah! [Edit: my personal favorite by far]

"After watching one of his videos on youtube i can see why the parents were asking for him to leave! I dont think I would want him teaching my kids!" Yeah!

Lets burn that fucker 'till all that blood he's covered in boils! And we'll make sure ALL our children watch so they know what happens to BAD INFLUENCES! Yeah!
Now who's with me?! :ugh:

GoreNotCore

Reaction score
See? Thats why america split away from those red coated bastards. In america he would sue the schoolboard and win 10,000 dollars and therefore, become the richest death metal musician ever.

Demiurge

Reaction score
win 10,000 dollars and therefore, become the richest death metal musician ever.

:lol:

It is a bullshit situation, but as someone else pointed out, we don't know the particulars of the employment contract. What the school did may be completely legal, however mind-blowingly ignorant it may seem to us.

It's probably safe to say that most of us are comfortable with death metal. We at least know people who play it and know that death metal musicians aren't bad people. As musicians, we recognize the fantasy aspect that can exist in music where the songs don't have to be a direct reflection of the psyche of the performer.

The general pop-music-listening-to populace rarely encounters any of that type of narrative-distancing outside of Beyonce's alter ego... and these are the same people whose send their kids to school and freak the fuck out (however unreasonable it may be) if a teacher there represents a perceived counterculture that they don't want their kids exposed to. Their taxes pay the salaries, so a large enough angry mob will evince a kneejerk "customer is always right" reaction to cost someone their job.

')