Deathcore bands you DO like...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Scar..I though you though Whitechapel was grindcore :lol:

Ion Dissonance
Beneath The Massacre
The Faceless (if we're considering their second album deathcore)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Scar..I though you though Whitechapel was grindcore :lol:

Ion Dissonance
Beneath The Massacre
The Faceless (if we're considering their second album deathcore)

nah, I said it was Ion Dissonance that were grindcore, though really with hindsight they are in fact Mathcore :agreed:

eleven59

None shall pass.
Contributor
Reaction score
Veil of Maya
Born of Osiris
The Faceless
Between the Buried and Me
After the Burial

It's funny how many bands in this thread my band has opened for in the last year :lol:

Born of Osiris
Veil of Maya
Winds of Plague
As Blood Runs Black
Black Dahlia Murder
Ion Dissonance

Though, really, that's 3 shows (the first four bands were all at the same show, our first show ever :lol: ).

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Born of Osiris
Veil of Maya
Winds of Plague
As Blood Runs Black
Black Dahlia Murder
Ion Dissonance

Though, really, that's 3 shows (the first four bands were all at the same show, our first show ever :lol: ).

my first show ever was opening for Ion Dissonance, Through The Eyes of the Dead and Dead To Fall, boy was I nervous :ugh:

to this day I still haven't seen a tighter live band than Ion Dissonance... Necrophagist come close though.

SupaCoolMan2005

BringBackTheHeadbang
Reaction score
my first show ever was opening for Ion Dissonance, Through The Eyes of the Dead and Dead To Fall, boy was I nervous :ugh:

to this day I still haven't seen a tighter live band than Ion Dissonance... Necrophagist come close though.

What a show to open on D: two huge bands boy i would have loved to seen that

Reaction score

Absolutely. We opened for both a couple years ago at Summer Slaughter, and both of them are tight as fuck.

three dude, Dead To Fall are massive!

were massive*

They broke up :(

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
JFAC and Black Dahlia Murder aren't deathcore, certainly not anymore. They dont resemble any of those bands in the OP, which is why I like them. JFAC is a pure death metal band now. BDM is more of a melodeath band.

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
After the Burial is pretty deathcore, but I'm digging the hell out of that album. If it weren't for the breakdowns, I think it'd be a lot closer to straight tech. death CD. :2c:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Jesus Christ guys I said in the OP I didn't want this thread to turn into a fucking genre war :squint:

if you don't have any input as to which Deathcore bands you DO like, don't post. simple.

Rick

ALL HAIL DJOD
Forum MVP
Reaction score
Unfortunately, by singling out a "genre" like deathcore, eventually people are gonna start arguing about what is and what isn't. Much like the "Why Do You Hate Deathcore?" thread.

Notice in my previous post, I just said "I'm not gonna label them as anything but metal."

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
I haven't heard a huge amount of deathcore, partly because many of the bands I did hear put me off from the genre entirely for ages (definitely wasn't a fan of JFAC and Bring me The Horizon) but I gave it another guy and found there was a small list of bands from the genre I love:

All Shall Perish
Born Of Osiris (In fact, the most listened to band lately for me is them)
Veil of Maya
Between the Buried and Me

However I still need to hear Beneath The Massacre, After The Burial, Tony Tapdance, Whitechapel.

Bands I think are okay:
The Red Shore. Nothing really unique about them IMO, but a competent band that writes good music, so certainly not bad.
Suicide Silence. I don't hate them, but no love for them either, just alright I guess.
Hmm, to me the last (and only one I've heard from them) album from The Faceless wasn't really deathcore, just straight up tech death/melodic tech, but hey if it's deathcore than count that as another deathcore band I really love.

Reaction score
After the Burial is pretty deathcore, but I'm digging the hell out of that album. If it weren't for the breakdowns, I think it'd be a lot closer to straight tech. death CD. :2c:

Absolutely. Rareform is one of my favorite albums ever. I just can't stop listening to it. I've had it and Awaken the Dreamers going back and forth for the last month or so.

brainchild

ss.org mathlete
Reaction score
im just psyched to see a positive thread on 'deathcore' seeing as it gets raped any chance it gets. its still metal

The Acacia Strain.
After The Burial.
All Shall Perish.
Cross The Lips of Grace.
The Last Felony.
Despised Icon.
Killwhitneydead. (for the pure comedic aspect)
Signal The Firing Squad.
Veil of Maya.
We Are The Romans.
Wretched.

cant believe your first show was to support these bands... i wanna punch you in the ovaries

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
cant believe your first show was to support these bands... i wanna punch you in the ovaries

yeah man, I was pretty excited about it until I realised there was only 1 band between us and Ion Dissonance and we were about to get pwned :ugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')