Deathcore bands you DO like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thin_Ice_77

You'll never make it
Reaction score
When I first heard Born of Osiris, I just assumed it was just modern death metal:lol: The difference between it and most modern more melodic-ish death metal seemed so small I was barely able to tell upon first listen. It only became apparent after detailed listening it wasn't quite death metal.

Deathcore or not, I really fucking like that band.
I used to love them, their first album was really good. New one is shit though.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

JeffFromMtl

Уродливый, но честны
Reaction score
I came across a pretty cool band called The Contortionist a while ago, I like them more than I like most Deathcore.

I have to check this out, considering 'Prey for Eyes' made me fall asleep both times I tried to listen to it. Obviously 'Clients' and 'FTiRD' were amazing.

Same. Although, I had no idea there was a new one. Gotta check that out also.

Necrophagist777

can't bend....
Reaction score
Not a huge deathcore fan but I listen to some Job for A Cowboy and All Shall Perish. All Shall Perish have some really cool riffs.

brahminlead

Reaction score
It's weird how many people in this thread think the Black Dahlia Murder is deathcore. I always considered them more melodeath. They don't really have breakdowns.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
It's weird how many people in this thread think the Black Dahlia Murder is deathcore. I always considered them more melodeath. They don't really have breakdowns.

To me, they fall into the same category as Darkest Hour and The Absense. Heavily Swedish influenced American Death Metal. I've heard people call those two bands deathcore as well, but they're just retarded or something. It's not core without a heavy onslaught of breakdowns kids, do your research!

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
I think the Black Dahlia 'Deathcore' tag comes from Trevor's vocals.

Also, their first album was pretty Metalcore and they got progressively more Swedish with time, so I can understand people labelling them Deathcore even though they haven't released anything worthy of the tag since their first release.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
The only thing off of Unhallowed that has a breakdown, if I remember correctly, is the opening track which leads into Funeral Thirst. It's heavy as shit, but it's still not really deathcore. I mean, knowing the general masses nowadays, that's probably the only track(s) that the scene kids recognized, which makes it easy to label them deathcore. A close minded audience lacks the "outside the box" mentality that creates these giant genre wars. I do agree, Trevor's vocals are a huge influence to todays deathcore bands, as BDM jumped on the scene slightly prior to the genre's breakthrough. Suicide Silence ring a bell?

All of this makes me want to revisit The Black Dahlia Murder :hbang:

Necrophagist777

can't bend....
Reaction score
To me, they fall into the same category as Darkest Hour and The Absense. Heavily Swedish influenced American Death Metal. I've heard people call those two bands deathcore as well, but they're just retarded or something. It's not core without a heavy onslaught of breakdowns kids, do your research!

+11ty7

brahminlead

Reaction score
I think the Black Dahlia 'Deathcore' tag comes from Trevor's vocals.

I don't think the vocals sounded deathcore at the time. They definitely have been emulated by a lot of bands since BDM came out that are pretty deathcore.

When they do have breakdowns they're not really deathcore breakdowns either, they're just buff.

Quantumface

Reaction score
black dahlia was just labeled metalcore and shit originally cuz of those swediesh melodeath riffs and chord progressions that both metalcore and black dahlia borrowed. they had that metalcore riffing style at first but there was really nothing for breakdowns at all. same goes for darkest hour.

Whitechapel78

WHITECHAPERULEZ!!!
Reaction score
I have only been listening to Deathcore for about a year now and these are my favorite top ten bands:

1. Whitechapel
2. Suicide Silence
3. The Red Chord
4. Job for a Cowboy
5. Winds of Plague
6. Despised Icon
7. All Shall Perish
8. Bring me the Horizon
9.Burning the Masses
10. A Different Breed of Killer

One I didn't mention is Chelsea Grin. I just found out about them yesterday, but i'm sure they will be huge someday. They are really good.

zimbloth

Nick // Axe Palace
Vendor
Forum MVP
Reaction score
^JFAC isn't a deathcore band, not even close. They've put out two full length albums and both of them are pretty straight up death metal. It's only their old EP that resembled deathcore.

Ibanezsam4

Reaction score
noobs have got to stop bumping this thread:scream:

seriously, they keep posting the same bands over and over again

Status
Not open for further replies.
')