Deathcore bands you DO like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harry

Doom man of Doom.
Contributor
Reaction score
Awaken The Dreamers was one of the best albums of 2008 IMO and it's basically what got me into the genre

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jymellis

Talk To DeWalt
Reaction score
Awaken The Dreamers was one of the best albums of 2008 IMO and it's basically what got me into the genre

i have them all but this is by far my favorite. i really like the song never again.:shred: the moment that cd starts you know its gonna be good. you can tell by the first note

snuif09

Reaction score
my band is pretty much a mix between old school death metal and deathcore so my band is the only deathcore band i like =)

and carnifex dont tell anyone :3

willyman101

Reaction score
After the Burial
Whitechapel. In fact I hate on deathcore a lot but I'm not gonna deny I fucking love Whitechapel. I used to like BMTH but I was about 14 and thought being scene was cool... how wrong I was.
On the topic of it, I find it weird because I've started to consider Architects as being deathcore, despite the fact I'm a long time fan and have never seen them as deathcore before. Maybe a lot of these bands we lump in as being deathcore purely because the majority of their audience are scene kids or because they play with bigger deathcore acts... I dunno. Just a thought. I think a lot of hate for deathcore comes from the fans. I've encountered so many that claim that Suicide Silence are the heaviest band on the planet, and they're so adamant they're right.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
After the Burial
Whitechapel. In fact I hate on deathcore a lot but I'm not gonna deny I fucking love Whitechapel. I used to like BMTH but I was about 14 and thought being scene was cool... how wrong I was.
On the topic of it, I find it weird because I've started to consider Architects as being deathcore, despite the fact I'm a long time fan and have never seen them as deathcore before. Maybe a lot of these bands we lump in as being deathcore purely because the majority of their audience are scene kids or because they play with bigger deathcore acts... I dunno. Just a thought. I think a lot of hate for deathcore comes from the fans. I've encountered so many that claim that Suicide Silence are the heaviest band on the planet, and they're so adamant they're right.

Architects lacks a serious amount of death metal influece. They're a core band, but I wouldn't call them death core. They more fit the genre of Norma Jean, which is not even close to death core.

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
I was just wondering, is there any one out there that dosent like After the Burial? The band is so tight, and the note selection / song writing is amazing. I personally dont care what genre the music is, as long as it sounds good and is interesting.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Of course there will be people who don't like After The Burial, most of my friends don't like them for example.

They're not perfect, but they are preeeeeeeetty damn good :yesway:

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
I honestly dislike After the Burial more than I like them, but they are undoubtably a very good band. I just don't like alot of their drastic jumps from semi-typical gothenberg riffing to immediate irrelevant Meshuggah riffing. Alot of it sounds out of place. Hopefully their next album will showcase alot of good transitions, because that's what they lack the most, to me.

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
I honestly dislike After the Burial more than I like them, but they are undoubtably a very good band. I just don't like alot of their drastic jumps from semi-typical gothenberg riffing to immediate irrelevant Meshuggah riffing. Alot of it sounds out of place. Hopefully their next album will showcase alot of good transitions, because that's what they lack the most, to me.

Its interesting you see it that way, to me their songs flow beautifully; ill admit the only time i listen to After the Burial is at the gym (and the few million times i have seen them live)

Their music makes me pumped / angry and i lift heavier weights because of this (no other band does this btw), i listen to Rareform from start to finish two time 6 times a week (each time i go to the gym)

From Start to finish for my weight lifting, and then start to finish for my cardio. In fact i have this cd memorized so well that its ingrained in me at this point; i can remember every riff of every song and lyric.

Their music flows so well for me that its the only band i can listen to that i wont get distracted when lifting weights and keeps me in the "zone" from start to finish.

The funny thing is when i go to After the Burial shows now my body goes into work out mode because its so used to hearing those songs only at the gym; and i can feel my arms getting bigger (lol).

I dont listen to it out side of the gym because it would ruin the gym experience for me, but as a guy who mainly listens to Prog and Power metal After the Burial is now my favorite band.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
It's definitely pretty decent music, and I appreciate how heavy they get, despite how much I hate breakdowns. I've definitely hurt alot of people in the process of seeing them live, which has been about 4 or 5 times now. Cursing Akentananwanawhateverthespellingis definitely sets the crowd's ass on fire. I've talked to them all after a bunch of shows, and they're real level headed dudes, so I expect them to evolve into something awesome.

ProgFanDave

Dave the prog fan
Reaction score
All Shall Persih and The Black Dahila Murder are the only bands that I can stand from the Deathcore genre.

All in all, Deathcore is one of the worst genres of metal out there, and to find a decent Deathcore band is difficult. I like Metalcore and Death Metal, but it's the same way I like cheese and bread - two separate things that should never be nixed together.

-mouse-

Such a strange numb
Reaction score
thanks to this thread, I have researched (and now really like) Black Dahlia Murder. They are cool. They kind of sound like the AC/DC of death metal :hbang:

AVWIII

Pope of Chilitown
Reaction score
Are the Red Chord considered deathcore? If so, I enjoy the hell out of Clients.
After the Burial is a strange one for me. While I'm not too sure I could get into a full album, I love them live. I've seen them twice (once purely to see them, the other was an added bonus) and will see them again if they come back to London.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
All Shall Persih and The Black Dahila Murder are the only bands that I can stand from the Deathcore genre.

All in all, Deathcore is one of the worst genres of metal out there, and to find a decent Deathcore band is difficult. I like Metalcore and Death Metal, but it's the same way I like cheese and bread - two separate things that should never be nixed together.

You don't like cheese in your sandwiches? :ugh:

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
Whats the difference between deathcore and metalcore btw?

(im a noob when it comes to core anything)

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Metalcore is stuff like As I Lay Dying, All That Remains, Shadows Fall.

Deathcore is stuff like The Acacia Strain, Whitechapel, Carnifex.

Note the differences yourself, it will be easier than someone explaining it to you :yesway:

Status
Not open for further replies.
')