Deathcore bands you DO like...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hypothermia

Random Swede
Reaction score
All shall perish is the only deathcore band i can stand. However, Winds of plague may be the funniest thing i've ever heared:lol:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Samer

Dybbuk
Reaction score
Alright so even though i dont like Suicide Silence, (i really dont); last night they put on a better show and had better sound than Machine Head, just wanted to throw that out there; giving them props for having good stage sound / presence.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
There's a couple of tracks on the most recent The Acacia Strain album that I think are really good, not feeling how most songs start off with tritone breakdowns though.

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
There's a couple of tracks on the most recent The Acacia Strain album that I think are really good, not feeling how most songs start off with tritone breakdowns though.

Wait. The Acacia Strain starts off songs with tritone breakdowns? GTFO! :lol:

I saw The Acacia Strain in Boston earlier this year. Holy fuck. I'm not necessarily a fan of hardcore, but those boys threw it down, for real. Especially in a hometown venue.

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Wait. The Acacia Strain starts off songs with tritone breakdowns? GTFO! :lol:

I saw The Acacia Strain in Boston earlier this year. Holy fuck. I'm not necessarily a fan of hardcore, but those boys threw it down, for real. Especially in a hometown venue.

I saw them last year, really didn't enjoy it. I hate how they just mushed up parts of songs they wanted to play live and didn't get through more than 2 riffs of any one song :noway:

SerratedSkies

Reaction score
I saw them last year, really didn't enjoy it. I hate how they just mushed up parts of songs they wanted to play live and didn't get through more than 2 riffs of any one song :noway:

What really sucks about them now is that they have one guitarist, where as they used to have 3. Live, at this point for them, is really hollow and lacks a lot of other sounds to cut through the mix, but everyone knows their earlier albums have a shitload of tracking.

It's kind of a shame, because nowadays I refuse to give music like The Acacia Strain a chance, but a while back I thought they were one of the heaviest things ever. Can't say I even spin them in my CD player anymore. It's been years.

revclay

Reaction score
Ion Dissonance
Black Dahlia Murder, mainly because they are great live.

revclay

Reaction score
One of my pet peeves is people branding Ion Dissonance as Deathcore!

They are Mathcore!

Hahaha, my apologies. Strike that from the record, then. And after reading some of the previous entries in the thread, it doesn't seem like people like BDM being in that category either. Which means I don't like any deathcore. :lol:

Scar Symmetry

Ex Whiny Bitch
Reaction score
Call me stupid, but what is a Tritone breakdown?

Two notes together, one of them being the root note with a raised fifth over it, giving it an 'ugly' and dissonant sound :yesway:

It's used as an interval in proper music, but deathcore bands tend to rely on it to write entire riffs because it sounds 'br00taLz'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
')