Deathcore tone with Boss GT-10

Reaction score
Hey!

First time posting in this forum.

I want to create a really heavy tone with my Boss GT-10 but I don't know how to do it. :wallbash: I want a tone like this: :shred:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X6ZJNwAGeF8

What should I do to get that tone? Get a better pickup or different strings? How shall the settings look like? Anyways I think you get it by now.

Gear: Jackson JS32-7Q Dinky
Boss GT-10
Peavey shit

Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stemp Fester

Reaction score
I have a GT-10 and wouldn't recommend it for distortion... you're better off with a pedal or preferably an amp with good heavy tones to begin with.

Reaction score
Reaction score
You need the same gear as they use to get their tone.

Chelsea Grin - Dan Jones Guitar Rig Gear and Equipment

I have a GT-10 and wouldn't recommend it for distortion... you're better off with a pedal or preferably an amp with good heavy tones to begin with.

AMT P2, Amptweaker Tightmetal, Line 6 POD HD500, or if you have an iOS device, JamUp.

Now ofcourse I mean for recording purpose and not connecting to a speaker :cool:

GunpointMetal

Reaction score
To get the best death/core/metal/tone out of Boss GT stuff unplug it, put it in the box, take it to Guitar Center, and trade it in for ANY OTHER MODELER!

I spent almost a decade fighting with various GT-series modelers in a heavy context cause I really, really, really liked the effects and layout....but I got sick of starting every patch with two EQs just to get a decent starting point. On my way to trade the 10 in for a 100, I plugged into the POD HD500, turned four knobs, and had better metal tone for recording than I ever did before. Get a decent metal pre-amp and skip the modeling on the GT.

TheKindred

TimeTravel Innovator
Reaction score
The gt-10 is pretty good at everything except distortions, especially getting into 7/8 string territory.

If you can kick up something to take care of the dirt, the gt-10 will still give you usable modulations/delay/verb etc.

Reaction score
To get the best death/core/metal/tone out of Boss GT stuff unplug it, put it in the box, take it to Guitar Center, and trade it in for ANY OTHER MODELER!

I spent almost a decade fighting with various GT-series modelers in a heavy context cause I really, really, really liked the effects and layout....but I got sick of starting every patch with two EQs just to get a decent starting point. On my way to trade the 10 in for a 100, I plugged into the POD HD500, turned four knobs, and had better metal tone for recording than I ever did before. Get a decent metal pre-amp and skip the modeling on the GT.

37692384.jpg

Well, it's quite sad that it wont work. But I wont give up on it just yet. There is more tweaking to be done. I will consider buying the Line 6 HD500 and see what that badboy has to offer.

The gt-10 is pretty good at everything except distortions, especially getting into 7/8 string territory.

If you can kick up something to take care of the dirt, the gt-10 will still give you usable modulations/delay/verb etc.

Yeah, I have noticed that. It's very good for that kind of stuff.

Latest posts

')