Decent 7 string guitars that aren't too expensive?

• Thread starter elkoki
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Frostbite

Periphery Shill
Reaction score
I'd say go with a used schecter or LTD.
I agree with this OP. In this price range LTD or Schecter are really going to give you the best bang for your buck. I just picked up another Schecter Banshee 7 P with Guitarmory Atlas pick ups for right in this price range off Reverb. Used is definitely the way to go. A lot of the sellers on Reverb are great to work with too from my experience.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

elkoki

Reaction score
Schecter C-7 guitars pop up all the time on Craiglist and Offerup, so I might go with one. I will definitely have to test them out before hand though. I don't want to get a bad one.....

For the time being I slightly pimped out my AX7521 with some pickups and 2 push pull tone knobs. It's a solid guitar, it only cost $100. most people think they look ugly, and honestly I think that as well lol...The stock Gotoh tuners stay in tune really well and it sounds pretty good. The body design is fugly but I can live with that, the only thing I don't like is where the neck meets the body.. The heel? It's really big and block-y and just looks kind of weird. Here I am trying to learn Erisian autumn, sloppy in some parts.

Sollipsist

Reaction score
I'm surprised nobody mentioned Agile yet? Good prices for mahogany 7-strings...

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
If I was after a seven I'd get an Intrepid. In fact, I really want a standard scale Intrepid 6 but Kurt hasn't had one in a really long time and a multi-scale Intrepid 6 would make me instantly die

Reaction score
I got a washburn wg587 from a pawnshop years ago for a project and its actually one of my favorite guitars I've had. Just swap out the pickups lol.

')