Decent Studio Monitors?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ace_operations

Reaction score
I just ordered a pair of Equator D5's. Heard so much good stuff about them. You might also want to give the JBL LSR305s a look. I was considering buying that as well.

Reaction score
the jbl lsr305 are unreal imo...

Axe Cop

Reaction score
Got my LSR305's last week. Just save up the money. Anything less than these is pretty bad and they're just as good as monitors that are a lot more expensive.

cGoEcYk

Reaction score
I got some $30 "studio monitor" Senheiser headphones from Guitar Center on sale once and they are the best headphones I've owned! I guess I havent gotten around to ever buying $200 cans like all the kids. Seriously decent for a budget though. I can hear fine details and judgment calls made on mixes that I've never heard on any set up with them. I just use them for tracking but they are good enough for low budget mixing.

For actual monitors KRK arent bad. Sometimes cheap used.

7stg

Reaction score
I recommend a 6.5-7 inch monitor with a sub for the broadest frequency range and best quality for the dollar.

Models with a 6.5 inch woofer gives enough low end extension to set the crossover on the sub low enough to not affect the stereo image. The sub offloads the deep sup bass frequencies from the monitors which allows them to focus on the mids giving better results. The sub extends the frequency range of the setup lower than 8 inch monitors can go.

I would look at a setup like the Adam F7 with the Adam SubF, Yamaha HS7 with the Yamaha HS8s, or something similar.

desmondtencents

Plays With Wood!
Reaction score
Ola Englund posted a few weeks ago that he's using Behringer Truths and loves them, so...

Some of their monitors are quite good for gear in the same price range.
I've got a pair of Truth B3031A monitors that sound really good.
Scored the pair new on eBay for just a bit over the normal price for just one!
After having them for a while I'd say they're definitely worth the full price and if one took a shit I'd replace it :yesway:

Der JD

Reaction score
VERY happy with my Presonus Eris E8 monitors. Don't know what your budget is. They go for around $500/pair.

TonyFlyingSquirrel

Cherokee Warrior
Reaction score
I currently have Senn HD280-Pro headphones which I use for tracking, and an inexpensive pair of M-Audio AV40 studio monitors, but I do want to upgrade to some Yamaha HS series as they're as close as a consumer is going to get within an accessible budget to the NS10's which are the long standing industry standard.

Splenetic

Reaction score
I got my pair of Adam A5's for 250 CDN used with two excellent Planet Waves XLR cables. No complaints.

If you're on a budget look for used, just make sure the seller has no problem showing them working. (and if they're completely okay with that, you don't really even need to try them out unless you just wanna know how they sound. )