Deciding on a new guitar!

Descom

SS.org Regular
Reaction score
Hope it's okay to post this here! So guys - not new here, been watching for years, used to post ages ago, unfortunately don't remember my account or anything however.
However, I am deciding on a new guitar, and looking for something out of my usual realm - more modern and "shreddy" (Is that a word?)

I currently play a Suhr Classic, Danocaster Blackguard, and 1966 Gibson 335 for live/studio work if that gives an idea. But need something Humbucker equipped, preferably hardtail, as my gigs are calling for that more.
A somewhat potential issue is the neck - I don't like thin necks as I have huge hands.

Would love some recommendations and ideas for guitars to buy. Anything goes in the end! So link me up. Hoping to keep it in the $1200-2600 range.

Cheers!

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dmlinger

PepperFox Guitars
Reaction score
There are dozens and dozens of options with those specs and in that price range... go try a bunch and see what you like. You've already got yourself some high quality instruments. Would be a shame to get some shit advice from a forum and spoil your stable of fine instruments.

But if you're open MY shitty advice...

Jackson Soloist
Suhr Modern
Charvel DK24 (has trem)
Mayones Regius, Duvell
Ibanez Prestige
Tom Anderson Angel
Vigier Excalibur
EBMM JP (trem)

And the list goes on...

Mathemagician

Reaction score
You have many options new, but as said above your spec list is general enough that used you can buy pretty much whatever you want. A modern shred-friendly super strat with a hard tail has been in style for years. I would say avoid Ibanez only due to your neck thickness requirement.

guitaardvark

Reaction score
These all have trems, but they have more substantial necks than an Ibanez Wizard:
PRS Custom 24
Suhr Modern
Ibanez AZ2402
Standberg Boden (try before you buy for sure)

If you're patient, you can also find an Aristides 060 in that range. There's one on reverb for $2625 shipped.

USMarine75

Colorless green ideas sleep furiously
Contributor
Reaction score
Why not a Mayones Regius or Duvell? Shreddy, modern, and there's a ton of used out there for good prices.

Neck is thicker than Ibanez Wizard (but not nearly as thick as a Samick TV20 Saraceno or Schecter Loomis lol).

What about a Gibson SG HP (with 24 fret)? Mine's in storage otherwise I'd measure for you.

Descent

Reaction score
I am pretty much with this guy, minus the Mayones

Jackson Soloist
Suhr Modern
Charvel DK24 (has trem)
Mayones Regius, Duvell
Ibanez Prestige
Tom Anderson Angel
Vigier Excalibur
EBMM JP (trem)

And the list goes on...