dedicated multi effects pedal

• Thread starter will_shred
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

will_shred

Wannabe audio engineer
Reaction score
I want to get a dedicated multi effects pedal because I want to have so much reverb and delay that I can play one note and have it sustain for hours without spending thousands of dollars on hand made pedals wired with unicorn hair and powered by a nuclear reactor.

Seriously though, I'm basically looking to get a lot of those very ambient kinds of sounds for post rock/psychedelic rock kind of thing, and I don't have any interest in sinking lots of money into fancy pedals. I just want something that can get the job done well, will have lots of versatility and processing power, without breaking the bank. I think my best bet is a used Line 6 HD500x, but I'm just posting here to see if you guys have any suggestions. I'd be running it though a Mark V so I have no need for amp sims. My concern is that it might color the pristine gooey tubey goodness of my Mesa with some digital nonsense. I know there are systems like the Helix and the Axe Fx that would probably be more ideal, but they're just out of my price range right now. Also, with my analog time based pedals I know I need to run them though my effects loop in order to get them to sound like I want them to, if i'm using a digital modeler will I also have to run it though my effects loop?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

budda

Do not criticize as this
Contributor
Reaction score
If you need a shitton of reverb and a lot of delay, a strymon bluesky and pick your ideal delay with long delay time (800ms is a lot) and you're set. You can run reverb and delay out front or in the loop, it will sound different depending on where it is.

BurningRome

Reaction score
Red Panda Context or the Alexander Sky Fi.

I've tried everything, including the Eventide space, 1. for me is the Red Panda Context, Alexander Sky Fi is super cool too just not quiet to the level of the Panda.

Good luck, lot of options, some are described as great and disappoint, and I've tried or heard everything for what you want including the Boss RV3 (awesome pedal) and settled on the Panda.

Good luck.

Xaios

Foolish Mortal
Contributor
Reaction score
I recently picked up a Zoom G5N. For the money ($340 CAD, so like 2 cents USD), I'm quite impressed. While it lacks some newer styles of reverb such as "shimmer" and whatnot, the reverbs and delays do sound pretty good. The main reason I bought it was to have the stable of delays and reverbs necessary for playing in church, such as expansive pedal-controlled swells, and it is certainly up to the task.

Yes, there are trade-offs for the cheap price point, such as the expression pedal not being overly confidence-inspiring in its construction and the I/O being very simplistic, but that's the tradeoff. Still money well spent in my books.

TheArsonistsDaughter

Reaction score
Used TC Electronic G-system....they're known for their reverbs, delays are good, and their other effects are great if you're not hugely picky. Would also allow you to avoid pedalboard tap dancing, allows for the addition of I believe up to 3 pedals. And it may even do some amp switching for you...

')