Def Leppard : Hystoria

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I highly recommend this dvd. I've always been a fan of Def Leppard ever since I first heard Pyromania and especially when Hysteria came out, so many good memories.

First off, I had no idea Phil Collen could shred like he does on this live performance during the Hysteria tour. He shreds on a classical guitar too just right before him and Steve Clark (uses a 12-string double neck SG) go into an interesting version of Bringing On The Heartbreak. They do Die Hard The Hunter, Rock Of Ages, Foolin', Too Late For Love and Photograph off Pyromania, a few tunes off their older stuff and the rest off Hysteria. Badass perfomance, badass stage, great sound, tight like the cd and nice looking girls back in the 80s. Seriously though, Phil Collen is very good and underated. I love the Jackson he is playing too. A white Charvel, a custom silver and black crackle Soloist and finally his white carvetop. He shreds as fast a Yngwie during his solo, I kid you not. I was shocked. :eek:If you like oldschool Def Leppard, go out and get this dvd. It fetures the live performance and videos as well as a commentary. :yesway:

Picture260.jpg

YouTube - Def Leppard - Phil Collen Solo

:bowdown:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

RonGriff

Reaction score
Def Leppard was one of my favorites growing up too, I liked Bon Jovi and Styper too. :D But yeah, they have talent especially the guitarist Phil Cohen. :shred:

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:lol: I remember seeing a vid of you with a Bon Jovi shirt playing drums in a bar before you were even drinking age.

Yeah, man, I had no idea he could shred that good and it's flawless. :agreed: By the way, it's Collen not Cohen. ;)

leatherface2

Reaction score
i have a ? i heard a completly different version of animal on the radio.like someone took pro tools and rearranged the parts.anyone hear this version or know about it?

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
:scratch: I don't think i've heard any other version. I'll tell you what though, Animal has always been one of my favorite tunes off Hysteria or by them, it has a great feel to it, the guitars sound awesome, the effects, the voice, the way the song is arranged and pretty much everything else. :agreed:

Seriously guys, check out that vid I posted up there. Phil Collen = :bowdown:

Latest posts

')