"Definity" - New Oceill Song! (+10 minutes/Axe-FX/Mayones/SD2.0/Wall Of Text)

• Thread starter Kurkkuviipale
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Hey folks,

I'm kind of lazy, just wrote down a long in SoundCloud which concludes pretty much everything, so I'll just quote myself:

It's been five months since we last posted a new song. A lot of stuff has happened and a lot of new music is demoed. To be honest, we have at least half an hour (if not more) unreleased material waiting to be finished.

Then why not release them as they are? Well the reason is, we're trying to make a change to our recording quality and philosophy behind. We want to have as much real playing as possible. To date, most of our songs have been performed by Joel, thoroughly, meaning practically that he's done the programming and playing. A lot of programmed synths are still being used despite the fact we have a synth player. Same goes for bass.

And the transition takes time. We need to have our songs tabbed, practiced and still maintain the precision in our sound quality and performance. Sounds easy, why not just go and do all that? Well that goes for a variety of reasons, mostly to the fact that we are probably the most slothful band there is.

That being said, this version of the song (lets call it a demo) still is, mostly, performed by Joel. We thought that it's been too long since we last released anything and decided to release yet another 'unfinished' song. The structure is there, yes, but there are a lot of things to come to this one as well.

Anyhow, try to enjoy this, dare I say it, poorly performed piece of music and lastly, be patient:
We are still alive!

Ps. The bass tone changes @ 5:42. That's because the slapping part is performed by our bassist and I failed to replicate the other tone. Talk about inconsistency...

SoundCloud:
Definity by Oceill on SoundCloud - Create, record and share your sounds for free

So, comments? Something to improve? I'm all ears as usual!

Thanks!
:wavey:

And here's our Facebook page: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Oceill/285301028183449?ref=hl

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Winspear

Winspear/Noisemother
Reaction score
Congrats on getting this song together man! It's wonderfully written and sounds really good. Love that bass riff in the middle - good to see it in a full song. I was trying to tone match the old clip the other day and realised how similar that is to the riff in the middle of Edit: Erised* haha.

iceythe

SS.org Irregular
Reaction score
Firstly, you need to lay off a bit on the self-criticism. There's not much that warrants it, especially from your releases.

This is an amazing tune. I've heard clips of it before, and seeing it stitched together here is nothing short of amazing. I applaud you for it. Give me a fraction of your writing skill, and I'd be the luckiest man alive.

There should be a "Buy me a beer" button next to "Download" on soundclick.

C2Aye

has the groove.
Reaction score
So much awesome. This is exactly the kind of progressive metal that I really, really dig man. Awesome grooves, riffs, progressions and even slap bass. It has everything I'd ever want in a song!

Awesome work man, keep us posted about how the Oceill release is coming along and I'm always here if you'd like a cheeky solo :D

flo

Reaction score
Wow. This song put a HUGE smile on my face. Reminded me a lot on "waka waka", same magic :)

It's just so beautiful.

I second the "buy me a beer" idea ;)

*downloads*

Kurkkuviipale

Another Sinking ....
Reaction score
Aw, you guys are great! If you ever get to Finland, hit me up and I'll buy YOU a beer.

As for what comes to self-critisism, it's just something that I do to make sure I don't overstate anything. It seems to me as the most irritating thing in the whole scene. Also, I don't want to make people have too high expectations.

And I love how you, flo, referred Waka Waka to this. Don't know why, I just do, lol.

As for guest solos, I'm not sure if we want to have many on the album so we're gonna restrain taking any (other than the one that Plini made) before we're 100% sure where and from whom we want one. That'd be closer to year 2053 when we release our album. Considering you, Sithu, as one of the possible dudes for it.

Thanks guys! I don't know why, but it makes me happy to hear other people like our music. Truly, truly appreciated words! :)

b1llz9

Reaction score
Really digging this....the tones, riffs, everything sounds great!

brutalwizard

Pretty Your Petunia
Reaction score
My favorite part is the structure of the song.

all that building up into that bridge/solo section into that huge ending!!

AND THOSE DRUMS!!!

prh

Plini
Reaction score
holy shit dude, sensational. please dont take forever to release something!

flo

Reaction score
^What does that mean?

Last time I mixed up Oceill and Memoris, which you and kurk then clarified:flame:

And a "time machine" is a device to travel through time, which doesn't exist yet and presumably never will, but would make it possible to listen to the album that will be released in 41 years time now. ;)

tbb529

Reaction score
The song is great! The mix is really good as well, and a really dynamic singer would be icing on the cake (for me at least). Need moar!

')