Deftones Appreciation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Joose

Custom User Title
Reaction score
Bought my tickets for the Orlando show today. So excited!

Ben.Last

Formerly Lern2Swim
Reaction score
CDs being $18 20 years ago has nothing to do with anything.

The Deftones webstore has "1000" and you can bet some of those are with the band on tour. Then there's 1500 of the hot topic version, 3000 of the "normal" and even more 180g versions overseas. That's hardly limited. By that logic, everything is limited because they stop making everything eventually. This isn't even accounting for eventual represses.

I fail to see how saying $25 is acceptable but $30 is overpriced is silly. $5 is 1/6 of the price. That's not negligible. On top of that, shipping is $7.50. $37.49 for one 33 rpm LP? That's a ripoff.

$25 is still overpriced. My relapse examples prove that. I would like it to be $20, but apparently that's not possible.

With that said, I can see that if you're unfamiliar with vinyl you might not realize why it's overpriced. It at least should have been a 2xLP for that price, because the album's around 50 minutes and sound quality divebombs once 20 min/side is hit.

Eh. Considering the fact that, even right after I'd received it, I could have sold my vinyl boxed set for 200% of what I'd paid for it, I trust the Deftones to not steer me wrong with the value of what they sell to me.

SDSM

Reaction score
Got my ticket to see them in May! Cant wait to hear the new songs live :)

HOKENSTYFE

HeartWyrm
Reaction score
Was never into this band before 'Diamond Eyes'. With that & the latest, 'Koi No Yokan', I can't get enough. I still can't really rock out to the earlier stuff but, at least I found my stride with these guys.

I love all the other side stuff Chino does, especially Crosses. That stuff got me hooked on 'Witch'.

Orbis_Mortis

Reaction score
I am absolutely loving the Deftones lately. I'd always heard about them but never gave them a listen until the new CD came out. Bought it and Diamond Eyes, White Pony, and Around the Fur pretty much right away after listening to the new CD. Great stuff!

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
same thing with me. i found diamond eyes when i was still in high school. i listened to it countless times and checked out their whole discography immediately after. easily one of my favorite bands of all time.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
So I just got back from seeing them at the kool haus in Toronto. They put on such a great performance. That club is the perfect venue for the Deftones too. I can't wait too see then again, I wish they were playing somewhere close tomorrow :lol:
Wish i would of known the contortionist was opening i would of came to see them, walked in just as the Deftones hit the stage.

Poltergeist

Reaction score
Been a Deftones' fan since the Mid 90's, their style has changed a lot over the years but I love some of the new experimentation they're doing especially on Koi No Yokan... Just to let ya'll know this year marks the 25th anniversary of the Deftones! XD Proud of these guys for still going strong... Although, I feel their end is coming in the next few years, but I'm sure they'll go out with a bang... Seen them live 5 times and they were all phenomenal performances... Got to meet Stephen in October of last year as well as Abe and Frank... Had a nice conversation with Stephen about his AXE FX II unit and his side project with B-real from Cypress Hill titled "Kush". Anyways.. Fucking love Deftones.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
These guys have been through so so much. They have hung for like 25 years, every album being distinctly different from the last. Every album doing commercially better then the last. I think that in itself is a sign of them being at there strongest. Though, them being in the mastering stage of an album, having chi get into severe car accident and subsequent coma and then deciding to stay strong, keep going and re record the album with all new material and continue to tour and produce more albums after that I think is a sign that this band will not quit until mortality has a say in there existence. These guys are at the top of there game which to me is just unbelievable. Anyone that questions there heart or uncertainty in there future needs to go and see them live and witness there passion and love for the music. Even with Stephen up there baked out of his tree in his own world :lol:

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
i hope they release eros before they call it quits, but i really think they have plenty of life left in them. theyve never released an album that wasnt album of the year for me

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
I'm dieing to here Eros. Though I feel like they will never release it. The only way they would is if Chi came back and fully recovered and came back to the band, which though I want to happen, I don't think will ever happen. He suffered sever brain damage and is barely coherent if anything I've heard off the one love for chi site and recent interviews is true.

Poltergeist

Reaction score
The only way we're going to hear Eros is if Chino can take himself back to that place in time and finish the Vocals. The music is finished, but Chino was still in the works of writing/master the vocals. And also if Chi ever comes out of his current state, and the band decides it's time... Or Reprise/Warner Bros that is.

theleem

Reaction score
Hey guys, so first off I must admit I haven't looked at every single page of this thread yet, but I haven't seen this question so far: any recommendations on a good starting point in their discography? I just haven't been able to get into these guys yet, although (especially from this thread) it seems that people have a ton of love for them. Thanks!

Latest posts

')