Deftones Appreciation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Sikthness

Reaction score
It sucks Chi wont be able to see the fans' reaction to his final work, or play it live. But I can only imagine that this is what he wouldve wanted, rather than Eros never being heard.

tm20

Reaction score
saw Deftones for the first time this week and it was a great show :D really really enjoyed it, but now i want to know why Stephen uses the tuning on the 7 string where the 2 top string are the same e.g. EADGBEE whats this for???

acrcmb

Reaction score
saw Deftones for the first time this week and it was a great show :D really really enjoyed it, but now i want to know why Stephen uses the tuning on the 7 string where the 2 top string are the same e.g. EADGBEE whats this for???
Comfort he said he can't comfortably play 6 anymore because it feels like he's playing a little toy guitar so instead he uses the 7 with the 6 string tuning like you said above just to keep the comfortable feel of the bigger neck and stuff.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score

They tore it up, saw them at the roundhouse. 2nd time i've seen them, they just keep getting better :hbang: They have so much energy on stage, having withdrawls knowing i won't see again for a few years lol

ricknasty1985

I Am Hated
Reaction score
They tore it up, saw them at the roundhouse. 2nd time i've seen them, they just keep getting better :hbang: They have so much energy on stage, having withdrawls knowing i won't see again for a few years lol

I was at that show too. Seen them a few times but how intense was the end section of Bloody Cape, the most intense thing I have ever seen live... God help me god help me god help me goddddddddd.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
I was at that show too. Seen them a few times but how intense was the end section of Bloody Cape, the most intense thing I have ever seen live... God help me god help me god help me goddddddddd.

Yeah the whole show was full on. By far the best show i've seen by them. Hope they come out again soon! Awsome venue choice, close up and personal! lol So glad they played rosemary, that was awsome!

skisgaar

Master-debatur
Reaction score

I believe its just to get an interesting flavour on different chords. Think about it, if you wanted to do dissonant chords on the higher strings, you would only have to use 2 frets! Also, open chord voicings could get interesting if you have an open E on the top and bottom, and then you fret one of the top E's as another note.

tm20

Reaction score
i remember wes borland said in a video (this was when he had that 7 string ibanez) one of those strings is a drone...im thinking wtf is that :S i guess its what you just described?

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
i remember wes borland said in a video (this was when he had that 7 string ibanez) one of those strings is a drone...im thinking wtf is that :S i guess its what you just described?

yeah he saw how wes tuned his guitars, and just thought it'd be easier to have his 7 string guitars tuned that way for the older stuff or something. I can't remember what interview, but he said something like that

tm20

Reaction score
most of you have probably heard this already but i'm posting it because its sooooo good ^___^

bigredmetfan

Reaction score

^^^ This dude. so heavy man :) I get chills when I hear it...so bad ass!!

SDSM

Reaction score
Man, has anybody had much luck getting a Stephen Carpenter tone on the Pod HD/Pod Farm at all? I am wondering what amp sim would be closest to his set up.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
After listening to them since Adrenaline came out, and constantly listening to Koi No Yokan, I actually think it surpasses White Pony as their Magnum Opus album. I also think Diamond Eyes is better than White Pony. Both albums take that atmosphere and add something more... I don't know how to explain but I love it.

')