Deftones Appreciation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

noise in my mind

Reaction score
I bought around the fur when I was 8 and have been a fan ever since. I saw live last year and it was amazing, they sounded just like the album and chino hit every note perfectly! One of the best live performances I have ever seen!

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Deftones announce album title and fall headlining tour. There seventh studio album, KOI NO YOKAN, will be released November 13th. Tour starts October 9th. :hbang:

http://www.underthegunreview.net

deftones.jpg

SDSM

Reaction score
I love this fucking band! Not one bad album. Love them so much I recently brought myself an SC-607B to add to the collection. They go from strength to strength. Seen them for the second time back in 2011, front row and in front of Steph! Caught 2 of his picks at the end of it...And filmed a song or two!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCLhNBy1ydU

MerlinTKD

EIght.Fold.Path / Hinge Theory
Contributor
Reaction score
Hell yeah! :D

Always been a peripheral DT fan, was always into Sevendust and Korn more, until about a year before Diamond Eyes came out... not sure what happened, now, other than I began understanding and appreciating the complexity of what they do. After that, I passed along the discography to my girlfriend, who absolutely fell in love (she's always been into rawer, more punk stuff, except she loves ambient electronica), so they became a band we really connected over. A big influence on us when we write music together (and, um, other things :wub:).

Went to see then in Charlotte, the DE tour... she went back and took her kids when they came back through!! :lol:

Seriously jazzed about the new disc, WILL be seeing them on this tour!! :yesway:

revclay

Reaction score
So, whats everyones fave albums?

White+Pony+Deftones.png

Abe Cunningham is one of the most underrated drummers out there. As much as I love Steph's guitar playing and Chino's lyrics, Abe makes the Deftones for me. So creative and groovy without being overly flashy. I can't wait for the new album.

SDSM

Reaction score
Mine is White Pony, then ATF and Diamond Eyes. All their albums are great, those three just flow better to me! To me, self titled and SNW contain their sore songs...Wake Up Beautiful and Mein. Just never listen to them. Though Beware and Hexagram totally redeem them.

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
For me it's DE = WP, SNW, ATF, ST, Adrenaline. Diamond Eyes has really grown on me the way White Pony did when I was in high school.

Doug N

Reaction score
I have an almost impossible time ranking them, I've been a fan since the first came out. I do have to say that Diamond Eyes has found it's way back into my car CD changer and I've listened to at high volume for the last two weeks every day. That guitar is some thick-ass shit.

Triple7

The Decepticon
Reaction score
I'd have to go, White Pony>Diamond Eyes>Around The Fur>Self Titled>Saturday Night Wrist>Adrenaline

SDSM

Reaction score
I'm glad people here like this band too, I thought everybody was purely into djent stuff for a while there haha, nothing against that, I have huge respect for that and as far as modern metal goes its the most interesting thing out there imo. Was listening to self titled today and thought I might drop my A string on the baritone so its drop G to play around with.

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
Around the Fur is one of my all time favorite albums. I always come back to that album.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Welp, heres the tracklist:

Poltergeist (Roller Derby)
Romantic Dreams
Leathers
Swerve City
Entomb (Dazzle)
Graphic Nature
Tempest
Gauze