Deftones Appreciation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ImBCRichBitch

Reaction score
Finally a thread appreciating one of the best bands on earth. I love the Deftones. Their music is like gold to the eardrum. Im glad to see Chi is back and theyre finishing the Eros album. All time greatest Nu-metal act for sure

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Finally a thread appreciating one of the best bands on earth. I love the Deftones. Their music is like gold to the eardrum. Im glad to see Chi is back and theyre finishing the Eros album. All time greatest Nu-metal act for sure

You sure about that ? As of September 5 the last statement about Chi was that he was still alive and that the band still had hope one day he would recover, which sounds pretty bleak.

ImBCRichBitch

Reaction score
You sure about that ? As of September 5 the last statement about Chi was that he was still alive and that the band still had hope one day he would recover, which sounds pretty bleak.

I saw somewhere (noisecreep or something, i honestly dont remember where) that he had woke up and had been sent home and is recovering

Sikthness

Reaction score
ITs great he is going home, but there is a huge difference between being able to go home and living a normal life and writing/recording music and touring etc. In any case its great he is doin better.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Mom J Update | Deftones - Chi Cheng

Um, he's definitely not going to be back in the band any time soon.

It seems like he is alive but only on a very basic level. At this point, I would say at least for my self, I would not want to live this way. My heart goes out to his family and him. Having sat next to my father in law bed ridden in a hospital in a coma in his last days and watching him pass away, I find my self getting very emotional when I here stories like these.

I can only hope he has a full recovery, though I don't see it happening.

bigredmetfan

Reaction score
Deftones are rad! Top 3 bands on my list......going to see them in oct when they come to Vancouver :) can't wait!!!

What I love about those guys is they were all friends in high school and they have this chemistry together.....man that would just be the best in the world playing music with the guys you went to math class with in grade 8 lol!!!:hbang:

cataclysm_child

SS.org UnRegular
Reaction score
It seems like he is alive but only on a very basic level. At this point, I would say at least for my self, I would not want to live this way. My heart goes out to his family and him. Having sat next to my father in law bed ridden in a hospital in a coma in his last days and watching him pass away, I find my self getting very emotional when I here stories like these.

I can only hope he has a full recovery, though I don't see it happening.

Tragic, just tragic.
Especially because it most likely wouldn't have happened if he used the seatbelt.

SDSM

Reaction score
I'm very fortunate I got to see them live with Chi, Was only a few months before the tragedy :(

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
my favorite album is hands down the self titled. it just sounds so much darker because, in my opinion, is when theyre at their best.

favorite track:

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score
Tragic, just tragic.
Especially because it most likely wouldn't have happened if he used the seatbelt.
Funny how such catastrophic events can be avoided with such little effort.

Does anybody know where we can download leathers when they release it?
I'd like to know as well, I've been scouring the web all night looking for this to pop up. As long as its out by my birthday tomorrow I'll be happy, so I can blast that shit on my way into work tomorrow.

Edit: Michael, I had no idea you started your own project. Sounds fucking brutal, has a bit of a Mnemic feel to it, I like a lot.

Semichastny

Reaction score
good song.

My Album List would go:

1. Saturday Night Wrist
2. Detones
3. Around The Fur
4. Adrenaline
98. White Pony
99. Diamond Eyes

revclay

Reaction score
Leathers sounds awesome. It makes me even more excited for the new album.

')