Deftones Appreciation Thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

anomynous

Reaction score
good song.

My Album List would go:

1. Saturday Night Wrist
2. Detones
3. Around The Fur
4. Adrenaline
98. White Pony
99. Diamond Eyes
mindblown.gif

misc-jackie-chan-l.png

7RYaM.gif

SDSM

Reaction score
Sounds like they have tuned up a little from Diamond Eyes!

wankerness

Reaction score
I liked it more than any of the heavy songs on Diamond Eyes. The chorus is really good. I sorta hope they still use the 8 string tuning on some songs cause I'm a fiend for super downtuning, but having songs like this is more important than having really low notes.

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
What's the story on Chi? Is he doing alright?

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
i believe chi has been released from hospital and it at home, not to sure what shape he is in, but atleast he is home :hbang: May wanna double check, i read that a few days ago on some post on facebook lol

New song rocks by the way :hbang: fucking love deftones!!

trianglebutt

trianglebutt
Reaction score
Tempest is making me feel really, really, really weird. I like it, but it doesn't sound like a Deftones song to me. Like I'm listening to the song going "this doesn't sound like deftones" then I'm like "but it's deftones". Weird.

Sikthness

Reaction score
^yeah this is pretty much how I feel. But I really like it. Makes me think this is gonna be a very varied album from them.

Allo1010

Reaction score
I liked Tempest but I much prefer Leathers. Reminds me a little of their Around the Fur album and the vocals off their self titled. Quite looking forward to this album.

Reaction score
I think the new songs sound great.

I wasn't expecting the tuning to be the same as Diamond Eyes, because we all know Stef wants MORE CUSTOM ESP GUITARS haha.

Semichastny

Reaction score
I liked Tempest but I much prefer Leathers. Reminds me a little of their Around the Fur album and the vocals off their self titled. Quite looking forward to this album.

I'd say for the heavy parts it's a fusion of ATF and S/T, with the ambiance and atmosphere derived from SNW, and vocally it's similar to the S/T.

Tempest sounds like a slightly heavier version of what was on Crosses II, I really like it a lot.

matt397

Tr00f
Reaction score

Sikthness

Reaction score
^ Damn that looks awesome. Im gettin excited as hell each day closer to release. Diamond Eyes was in constant rotation for months following its release. Hope this works out justas well.

')