Deftones/Incubus style riff

• Thread starter Gemmeadia
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Flemmigan

Snoofin' your gear
Reaction score
So sick! I've been on a Make Yourself binge lately and I really hear the Incubus vibe in there. The tone sounds great. You should make this into a full song!

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Thanks! I got a ton of interest in making this a full song, so an EP might be in the future :)

Orthodox

Reaction score
I'm writing something similar at the moment, been on a Deftones binge the last week or so, but seriously those drums sound huge! :bowdown: how'd you get em like that? are you using superior?

patata

7 heaven
Reaction score
With vocals like Chino's,it would be awesome.

Maybe don't make the snare pop so much.Less reverb,tune up a semitone as well.

HoneyNut

Regular
Reaction score
Awesome riff. It definitely sounds like Deftones with the Incubus background riff. You should complete the track. Get some vocals !

Noctiluca

Reaction score
Dat tone tho... how¿ e_e

Great writing too. These guys are a heavy inspiration in one of my musical projects, color me hipnotized.

Batsinthebelltower

Reaction score
nice riff indeed dude ! has the floaty obscure feel

that snare is a beast too , im downloading steven slate so cant wait to try it out. the snare sounds better than superior drummer snares

Gemmeadia

Reaction score
Thanks for all the input guys! Ill definitely work on it more eventually :)

@Batsinthebelltower - Yes, ive been a huge fan of SSD4 kick, snare and toms since i got it! Plus for $80 (at the time) i had to go for it after getting fed up with SD2 for so long. Im in the market for better, more realistic cymbals that don't sound obviously slate though.

')