Deftones Megathread, All Things Deftones

• Thread starter Daf57
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Deftones singer Chino Moreno officially gave a confirmation that the band's been working on material for the new album.

Deftones Started Working on New Album Two Weeks Ago, Chino Moreno Confirms | Music News @ Ultimate-Guitar.Com

deftones-400-2-gdp-52710.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Vrollin

Reaction score
LIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKE!

On a side note, have you checked out "Palms"?

TimothyLeary

Tune in, Drop out
Reaction score
LIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKELIKE!

On a side note, have you checked out "Palms"?

Unfortunately to me Palms was a disillusion, which sucked cause I love both bands, deftones and Isis.

lucasreis

ERG Ambassador
Reaction score
2 things:

1. Can't wait

2. I wonder if Stef will lower his tuning once again. lol

TomAwesome

I LIKE JUICE!!!
Reaction score
Meh. Everything has sounded the same to me since around the time Steph started using 8s.

cyb

Tune Low Play Slow
Reaction score
Still waiting patiently for Eros...

wankerness

Reaction score
Yeah, wtf. Koi No Yokan doesn't sound very much like Diamond Eyes at all to me.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
We've got a Deftones Megathread (Thanks, Alex/mods!!) - let's get on with posting Deftones and walking this new album in! :)

Deftones01SatLeedsTM270811.jpg

ChubbyEwok

Reaction score
Love Deftones! I was lucky enough to see them back in October and they were absolutely amazing. :) Super excited about the new album as well!

Reaction score
Chino almost ran me over one time! I was walking back from my friends house real late and Deftones was playing a show that night (I missed 'em..) and sure enough Chino was in the backseat a car that almost ran us over as it pulled into a complex.

Also excited for new album! I wasn't a fan of Koi no Yokahana whatever. =( Just couldn't get into it

mlp187

Burrito Master
Contributor
Reaction score
Weird, I've been listening to metal non-stop for well over a year and yesterday I decided to go back to deftones. I made it through their discography today and come home to find this thread. Something tells me their next album will be epic.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
I wasn't a fan of Koi no Yokahana whatever. =( Just couldn't get into it

I hear ya - it didn't immediately grab me like some of the others (Diamond Eyes probably being my favorite) but the more I listened the more I got into it. It's actually very good. I suggest more listens! ;)

Nats

Reaction score
I think I liked Koi No Yokan better than Diamond Eyes. However, Diamond Eyes opening with the crushing Diamond Eyes is better than the song KNY opens with and has a bunch of other good songs on it, but overall KNY has the more memorable riffing.

')