Deftones Megathread, All Things Deftones

• Thread starter Daf57
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Going to see them play with Incubus tonight in Irvine CA. Should be good times! They got a pretty stacked setlist.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

HeHasTheJazzHands

Reaction score
Kinda old news, but apparently Stef is endorsed by Engl now? He seems to be only using their power amps, though.

Stephen_Carpenter_Deftones_ENGL_9f290c4721.jpg

InHiding

Reaction score
From recent interview:

On DEFTONES' upcoming follow-up to 2012's "Koi No Yokan" album:

Delgado: "It's being mixed now. It started being mixed a couple weeks back. They're actually going tomorrow to go down and listen to mixes and do things and We're mixing and we still are in the process of [finalizing the] album title, artwork, songtitles. We haven't even got there yet. But the music's done."

Deftones Are Still Finalizing New Album Title, Artwork And Songtitles - Blabbermouth.net

Reactions: X1X

ChubbyEwok

Reaction score
I know in a interview back in August Chino said they were planning to have the album out by Novermber but it looks like it will most likely be released in 2016. I wish the album would be out sooner, I'm getting a bit impatient haha

SD83

Reaction score
Interesting read. I wonder if they'll play any new songs on their winter tour. I'm afraid not, but one can hope :D As long as this doesn't take half as long as the new Tool album, it could be worse.

Bloodshredder

Reaction score
Interesting read. I wonder if they'll play any new songs on their winter tour. I'm afraid not, but one can hope :D As long as this doesn't take half as long as the new Tool album, it could be worse.

There will be nothing else around, once Tool happens :D

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Album art??? Nah - turns out it's a gag by Chino using Depeche Mode Martin Gore photo. :lol:

38509_1_ver1453930507.jpg

Ralyks

The One Who Knocks
Contributor
Reaction score
So do we know if Stef is going full on 9 strings on this album?... Or did that already happen and I'm not aware?

Randy

✝✝✝
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Those clips available anywhere else? YT link is dead and I'm not seeing anything on their official site.

Vrollin

Reaction score
So do we know if Stef is going full on 9 strings on this album?... Or did that already happen and I'm not aware?

In an interview a while ago hes was saying he might go back to seven because he wasn't a huge fan of the attack on the 8th string. Think it was an interview with dunlop...

')