Deftones Megathread, All Things Deftones

• Thread starter Daf57
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

ChubbyEwok

Reaction score
I thought Koi No Yokan was meh the first couple of listens to be honest, but over time I began to love it hahaha Doesn't the album name mean love not at first sight?

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

wankerness

Reaction score
My reaction on first listen was that it was by far their best since White Pony. Later listens didn't improve it any further! It's a pretty in-your-face album, not many subtleties, it probably just isn't for you!

gunch

digidun digidun wakka wakka skree
Reaction score
Daimond Eyes and Koi no Yokan were both solid, I think there was a lot of filler and duds on Saturday Night Wrist

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
This is from last month but a good read to keep the thread warm...
Deftones Frontman Chino Moreno Says Band Have Started Working on New Album | Music News | Rolling Stone

chino-600-1394025603.jpg

HexaneLake

Reaction score
I love Saturday Night Wrist, prolly my second favorite behind Around The Fur. Theres not a bad Deftones album tho, imo.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Love SNW! Altho I think it was a very disjointed time for them, big rift between Chino and the rest while tracking that album. There are some lines in Hole in the Earth to that effect...

I hate all of my friends
They all lack taste sometimes

But the results were awesome as usual. ;)

HexaneLake

Reaction score
Found this the other day, any Deftones fan would enjoy I think. I've always loved this version of this song. Not 100%, but it seems like they filmed this the same time as the original video.

ChubbyEwok

Reaction score
Is it just me or is their self title album a bit underrated? I was just listening to it yesterday and enjoyed it a lot more then I thought I did haha I don't know, it could just be me but I dont hear too many people talk about that album.

flavenstein

Reaction score
I think self-titled is one of my favorites. I love the guitar tone and all of the songs sound really frustrated (that's the best way I can describe it, I don't know).

But I don't think this is common; Moana is one of my favorite songs and everyone seems to hate on it a lot (as much as one not-so-popular song can be hated on)

ChubbyEwok

Reaction score
Yeah it's definitely one of my favorites as well, right after Diamond Eyes. :)

kevdes93

Sassy
Reaction score
self titled may be my favorite, followed by koi no yokan but i really love them all pretty much equally. SNW was good but had a couple duds imo, but at the same time has some of my favorite tracks like beware, xerces and kimdracula

')