Deftones Megathread, All Things Deftones

• Thread starter Daf57
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Nuggets! :yesway:

Deftones-4-29-94-940616-1.jpg

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

KFW

Reaction score
I love the Minerva video. I don't think I've seen a music video that matches a song so perfectly, and usually I think music videos are kinda lame.

DrShredder

Reaction score
It's really time for a proper Deftones live bluray.
Should have happened years ago!
Budget may be an issue though, recording and editing etc. probably costs a fortune....

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Had forgotten about this one! How about Sevendust with Chino? :bowdown:

Daf57

5 7s in 4ths
Reaction score
Deftones @ Park Live Moscow 6/29/14

Deftones Live at Area 4 Festival

wankerness

Reaction score
Had forgotten about this one! How about Sevendust with Chino? :bowdown:

That was a great album. The best track on it was "Licking Cream" which had the singer from Skunk Anansie on it. Bender was one of the weakest tracks on the album, which says something about how awesome the rest of it was.

There was a track with Chino on Soulfly's S/T called "First Commandment" and another one on "Primitive" called "Pain." Pain was kind of interesting but Chino doesn't have a lot to do, the guy from Will Haven does most of the guest vocals on that track. I also remember that track on Korn's "Life is Peachy" with Chino, but all he did was rap on that one.

BlackMastodon

\m/ (゚Д゚) \m/
Contributor
Reaction score
Wasn't "Pain" with Fred Durst or was that a different track on that album? Or am I crazy?

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Covered one of my favorite tunes, there's some mistakes in there but it's such a fun song to play.

Korbain

Stay negative!
Reaction score
nice dude. Kick ass song, that whole album is pretty bad ass. Good mix of raw anger and chilled rock stuff :D

ThePhilosopher

Reason User
Reaction score
Indeed, it's always been one of my favorites - it was strange hearing it after White Pony, but it grew on me a lot faster than SNW.

musicaldeath

Herald of Djod
Reaction score
I think the song that got me to really pay attention to these guys was Minerva. Still remember what I was doing the first time I heard it. Very surreal.

chinnybob

Reaction score
I always knew who Deftones were - I can remember seeing the videos for My Own Summer and Mini Maggit on television - but I never really paid attention to them until I heard this cover:

Really enjoyed that, and so I decided I should check out the original. They're obviously quite different and so it really took me by surprise, absolutely floored me. Hearing Minerva for the first time completely changed the way I think about music, and it remains one of my favourite songs. The video is perfect too!

')