Delay-ay-ay-ay-ay!

• Thread starter The Scenic View
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

agonybrian

Reaction score
carbon copy! it's amazing. i had one and i sold it and then bought another one 3 weeks later when i realized i just made the worst mistake ever. buy one. you won't regret it.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

The Scenic View

Reaction score
Thing is I love the ability of having many presets (DL4) just for those moments at jam or on stage where you'd want to try something new, or instead of messing around between songs to set-up your delay for a new song. But I found that the EHX sounded the best between the two. It felt way more real, and sounded bigger and more full than the DL4. So I guess, after typing this, I need a delay with analog tones but with the abilities of a digital delay like the DL4. I'm not to crazy if it has a million different delay types, it just has to sound good (true bypass would also be nice) and be able to have some sort of preset bank where I can access different delays on the fly.

bob123

Banned
Reaction score
Its a no nonsense pedal, but Ive been using the same ibanez de7 pedal for years. I always run 2 delays and Im constantly swapping the 2nd one out for random stuff, but for the cost, nothing seems to beat the de7 for the simple stomp box route.

Boss delays are also pretty good in my experience.

mniel8195

Reaction score
i have a flashback delay. Its a really great pedal. it packs a big punch for its size.

celticelk

Reaction score
Thing is I love the ability of having many presets (DL4) just for those moments at jam or on stage where you'd want to try something new, or instead of messing around between songs to set-up your delay for a new song. But I found that the EHX sounded the best between the two. It felt way more real, and sounded bigger and more full than the DL4. So I guess, after typing this, I need a delay with analog tones but with the abilities of a digital delay like the DL4. I'm not to crazy if it has a million different delay types, it just has to sound good (true bypass would also be nice) and be able to have some sort of preset bank where I can access different delays on the fly.

Have a look at the Vox DelayLab. It's a DL-4 style pedal with multiple delay types, presets, a looper, etc, but since it's a lot newer than the DL-4, its tones may be substantially better. I've been hearing some good things about it over at TGP.

The Scenic View

Reaction score
Have a look at the Vox DelayLab. It's a DL-4 style pedal with multiple delay types, presets, a looper, etc, but since it's a lot newer than the DL-4, its tones may be substantially better. I've been hearing some good things about it over at TGP.

I just did some reading on the Vox website and it looks very promising. It seems way more original, if you will, than the DL4. Do you know if it's true bypass?

MrPowers

Reaction score
I'm gonna vote for the TC Nova Repeater. Mine does more than I could ever need it too. There are knobs and settings that I've never really bothered to mess around with. It sounds very clean. Doesn't get muddy and adds THAT sweet sound you can't describe. The only thing I wish it did was tell me the exact ms so I could write it down when recording.

The Scenic View

Reaction score
^Awesome!! I think I'll be considering the DelayLab a lot, along with the MMB Dlx, tc flashback, and the nova. Ps, delaylab users (or if you've tried it) please step forward!!

')