Delay + Clean Boost pedal?

• Thread starter dimebagfan01
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

dimebagfan01

Crunch Berry
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've been searching for an all in one delay/clean boost pedal for solos for a while but have come up short. The only one I found was the Abominable Unholy Grail, but it takes all the grit out of my 5150 and sounds way too dark and muddy. Does anyone know where I could find a "lead tone in a box" type pedal that won't color my tone quite as much? Even if its just a delay pedal that can go above unity gain and provide a little boost, I just want a one pedal solution to this since I dont have a whole lot of room left on my board.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Stooly

Reaction score
I have the Tech 21 Boost DLA. Clean boost and delay in one box. Best delay pedal I've ever checked out and I checked out everything I could. Does tape delay and dotted 8ths as well as tap and all the regular delay functions. Clean pedal

dimebagfan01

Crunch Berry
Reaction score
I have the Tech 21 Boost DLA. Clean boost and delay in one box. Best delay pedal I've ever checked out and I checked out everything I could. Does tape delay and dotted 8ths as well as tap and all the regular delay functions. Clean pedal

Thanks for the recommendation! If I go for this one, I'll probably go for the first version without tap tempo as I don't really need it, but it looks like this could be a winner. Have you tried yours in an effects loop? My biggest concern is the boost coloring the tone of my 5150 too much.

Stooly

Reaction score
I've been using it in my 5153 effects loop and I haven't noticed anything doing an A/B.

TheWarAgainstTime

"TWAT" for short
Reaction score
My Strymon Timeline has a built in boost that's adjustable per preset. I think it has the range to cut or boost up to 6 db

dimebagfan01

Crunch Berry
Reaction score
My Strymon Timeline has a built in boost that's adjustable per preset. I think it has the range to cut or boost up to 6 db

That's a beast of a pedal you got there, man. I really only need a light delay for leads though, so the Timeline is probably a little much for me.

Stooly

Reaction score
Thanks for the recommendation! If I go for this one, I'll probably go for the first version without tap tempo as I don't really need it, but it looks like this could be a winner. Have you tried yours in an effects loop? My biggest concern is the boost coloring the tone of my 5150 too much.

Yeah, effects loops are all a little different when it comes to pedals for sure. Buy from someone with a good return policy so if it doesn't work out you can at least get your money back. I sold my Uberschall because of the effects loop not playing well with my floor units or pedals. For a series effects loop, it sure acted like a parallel and it was line level...

Gmork

Reaction score
I recently got the tech21 boost DLA for exactly this purpose and it is absolutely perfect! Can be set to do kind of a chorus as well. Even has a control that makes the delay "wobble" which makes for some awesome spooky s***! I researched my butt off looking for just the same thing. The tech21 boost dla IS what you have been looking for.

dimebagfan01

Crunch Berry
Reaction score
Sounds like the Tech 21 is the way to go, then. After I sell off a few pedals to fund it, I'll be on the lookout for the first version. Thanks for the help guys!

Stooly

Reaction score
Sounds like the Tech 21 is the way to go, then. After I sell off a few pedals to fund it, I'll be on the lookout for the first version. Thanks for the help guys!

Definitely check the used market, I was able to find one used for $100 that was in perfect shape.

')