Delay trails mixer

r33per

Reaction score
I'm looking for a solution to a problem I've probably created for myself, but hey, here goes...

I've got a Gigrig G2 that has my Mesa Triaxis in the Volume Insert. To use this, I've "moved" it in the signal chain between loops 4 & 5. So far so good. Loops 7, 8, 9 and 10 have chorus, delay, reverb and tremolo respectively. Output 1 goes to the power amp. This is all good. The issue is that when I remove loop 8 (delay) from the signal path, I have no delay trails.

1. I cannot use the built-in G2 mixer for two reasons: It only works on loops 9 and 10
  2. It is tied to the Vol Insert position and I have to have it set before these wet effects.
So, what can it do/get so that when loop 8 is disengaged the delay trails are still mixed in? Is there a mixer on the market that is also remote switchable so that I can have loop 8 always engaged, but just control mixer using the G2 remote switch function?

Or perhaps something to split the signal on loop8 so that one goes straight back to the G2, the other to the delay. Set the delay to kill dry, then "join" that signal into the main output. I guess the issue here is that I've bypassed loops 9 and 10 for the reverb trails.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

c7spheres

GuitArtist
Reaction score
Expensive but a SoundSculpture Switchblade floor model and rack models can do just about anything. Might even be able to replace the GigRig altogether. It has internal mixer and preset etc.

r33per

Reaction score
Wowsers. Yeah, looks like great gear but I'm not looking to replace the G2. Thanks for the info, though!

')