Deliverance120 w/ 8 string?

• Thread starter paintkilz
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
anyone know of any vids or clips of this?

im debating on getting a deliverance and was wondering how it might responds to teh 8 string? i know they are very picky as far as heads go..and are very dry and sterile..didnt know how that would translate a low F#.

prolly should just get the axe fx instead like everyone else.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

onefingersweep

Reaction score
Fryette sterile? Nah I don't think so, they are super organic sounding. Dry? Yes they are dry compared to most other amps. I think any Fryette amp works for low tunings.

I think Unearth uses the Deliverance, I don't know if they tune that low but they do tune low.

Spaced Out Ace

Reaction score
They used Ds, a UL and a 6505[maybe +]. Perhaps there was no UL, though. But I know there were Ds and a 6505. Both of their rigs were in guitar world.

paintkilz

Banned
Reaction score
sterile was definitely wrong word to use..

i was typing late. its dry. a very dry tone. Unearth used them yes, but those were with 7s.

drenzium

Reaction score
Track one down and play it. That is the best thing you can do.

Judging gear decisions over youtube clips or peoples opinions on forums is not always a good idea. Sure they can add SLIGHT input, but in the end you still really dont know what it sounds like because you aren't in front of it.

AzzMan

Reaction score
For what it's worth-

My understanding is that Unearth used the D120 live for a while, but tracked their albums with a 6505+ and a Framus Cobra. My understanding is also that they are back to using the Cobra and the 6505+ live. I may be entirely wrong, but I recall reading this, and it might not be true any longer.

Krucifixtion

Duncan Hills
Reaction score
Last I knew they were using the EVH 5150 III's as well as a Voodoo Modded 5150 II live. One of them had a 5150 III as a backup and the other had a Cobra for a backup I think. I'm sure the Deliverance is a sick head, but I need something more versatile and that has an FX Loop!

peavey_impact

Hamer fanboy
Reaction score
I can vouch for the Deliverance 60 working pretty well with an 8-string too. I ended up selling my 8 after about a year though; shit is just too much for me lol.

Honestly though if you are playing really brutal 8-string stuff I think you'd be better off with something like an old valvestate Marshall 8200 and boosting it; I've never played a tighter amp. I picked up one for $150 a couple weeks ago.

Latest posts

')