Deluhi Megathread (Far East Dizain and all things post Deluhi)

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

scion26

Wandering No Life
Reaction score
Wow, more and more people owning Cygnus....

Tell us how it felt, I kinda miss the Edwards version actually

bouVIP

Reaction score
I have been waiting for someone to upload this forever!!!!

tzorrot

Your ad can be here
Reaction score
That tone has some weird ass reverb on it, might be some issue with the micing. But lots of mids and just only enough bass to provide the body of the tone I guess. Don't have too much bass, since believe or not, most of the bass u think u hear from the guitar in that live are mostly Aggy's bass, guitar actually have almost little to no bass. Anyway, try around.
Don't forget about specific sound of bill lawrence pickup. All mids are coming from it.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
After having my Cygnus for a while, it's a ....ing amazing guitar, the only problem I'm having is the low E pop out of the nut if I play anything fast open notes. (gallops, 16th notes, ect.) But even though I was highly skeptical of having a Jazz in the bridge at first. Try one out. It's amazing for heavy stuff. Now if only I was either good enough to play the Deluhi stuff that's already tabbed out or have a good enough ear to figure out the rest of it.

But one thing I thought of, since most of us have Cygnuses (Cygni???) we should do a Deluhi megathread cover of something. And no, this isn't just an attempt to get someone to tab stuff out for me.

Well maybe it is....:idea:

scion26

Wandering No Life
Reaction score
He have Edwards E-Cygnus. I don't know where he come from..

omg, hes from Hong Kong, I saw him before @@

Now then, my unique-ness in Hong Kong is completely wiped out because of him -.-

After having my Cygnus for a while, it's a ....ing amazing guitar, the only problem I'm having is the low E pop out of the nut if I play anything fast open notes. (gallops, 16th notes, ect.) But even though I was highly skeptical of having a Jazz in the bridge at first. Try one out. It's amazing for heavy stuff. Now if only I was either good enough to play the Deluhi stuff that's already tabbed out or have a good enough ear to figure out the rest of it.

But one thing I thought of, since most of us have Cygnuses (Cygni???) we should do a Deluhi megathread cover of something. And no, this isn't just an attempt to get someone to tab stuff out for me.

I have problem with string popping out too, but it's the high E string and it only pops out twice for 2 years of owning it. I don't mind it that much since it only happens and rarely happens when I go full on crazy on stage.

Well, I'm down for it, tell me if u have any idea on what to do! I can also help reamping to make our tone more consistence

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Mine happens all the time. And I don't even have to be going crazy for it to pop out.

What song would you want to do?

scion26

Wandering No Life
Reaction score
Mine happens all the time. And I don't even have to be going crazy for it to pop out.

What song would you want to do?

Hmm, I don't rly have problem with that when I tried E-Cygnus long time ago, and I was chugging hard for 1 hour straight. Better go get it checked @@

Anything is alright, from Deluhi to Babymetal. But I dunno about the tabbing-it-out part @@

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I'm down for what ever as long as I can get a tab for it.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Sure.

I was thinking since I can't figure stuff out by ear and Scion's not sure about tabbing stuff out we could do either Frontier or the Farthest.

But I do like the idea of doing a medley.

EDIT:
Didn't Leda use a Dual Rec on their older stuff?

Reneguitario

The choice is yawwws
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind getting in on this melody, but alas, I do not own a Cygnus. My guitar does have an L500 though. lol

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Sure you can. Just by a Cygnus first. The Edwards one it only like $1100. :fawk:

What songs would you want to do?

EDIT: I know HS_L said I should make a review video about my Edwards, but I'm waiting until I get over the "honeymoon" period with it, so I might be able to find some things wrong with it, but nope, so far it's still perfect even with the nut issue.

But I just reread through this whole thread, and I'll admit, Deluhi is still the only band that I'm truly upset split up. Don't get me wrong, Undivide is amazing, but it's still not Deluhi. I remember the first time I heard their record I didn't like it because it wasn't Deluhi. I remember finding out the bass player from Galneryus had left so I figured I would check out his band, and I was completely blown away. That's the whole reason I joined SSO. I found this thread around the time they announced they were splitting up and I was crushed. I found the greatest band I'd ever heard and found out they were splitting up. I remember reading y'all trying to figure out whether Leda used a Bill and Becky or a Bill Lawrence USA and thinking, "man, these people are kind of obsessive!" And I remember the first time I saw the Cygnus I thought it was goofy looking, but the more I saw it the more I needed it. And I remember Indra and Scion getting a Cygnus and that being the only time I've felt an urge to but a plane ticket to go steal a guitar:fawk:. But the more I listened to Leda and Deluhi the more I understood it. Every band I have been really into, I've eventually gotten tired of listening to. Even Metallica, who I've always said is the greatest band of all time, I've gotten sick of some of their songs. But not Deluhi. As many times as I've head Orion Once Again and Skapegoat, I still love them as much as the first time I heard them. Even when I got sick of playing guitar, that's what got me to start playing again, I would listen to the riff from one of their songs and I would just have to learn it. Granted I'm not good enough to make any of their songs anywhere close too good enough, I still had to try. That has become my main goal, to try and have even a fraction of the talent that Leda has. I honestly think it's started to subconsciously affect my gear choices too.

I just want to thank Sujk, Aggy, Juri, and most of all Leda for letting me know how perfect a band can be. But most of all, thank you Leda for being the greatest guitar player of all time, making me realize how bad of a guitar player I am, giving me an incentive to keep playing guitar, lightening my wallet so much and giving me something to rip off for all of my half assed attempts at writing original music. :fawk:

I know y'all probably don't care to read all of that, but between rereading this thread and listening to Deluhi all day, I just had to say it.

H_SL

[LedaHead]
Reaction score
Sure you can. Just by a Cygnus first. The Edwards one it only like $1100. :fawk:

EDIT: I know HS_L said I should make a review video about my Edwards, but I'm waiting until I get over the "honeymoon" period with it, so I might be able to find some things wrong with it, but nope, so far it's still perfect even with the nut issue.

But I just reread through this whole thread, and I'll admit, Deluhi is still the only band that I'm truly upset split up. Don't get me wrong, Undivide is amazing, but it's still not Deluhi. I remember the first time I heard their record I didn't like it because it wasn't Deluhi. I remember finding out the bass player from Galneryus had left so I figured I would check out his band, and I was completely blown away. That's the whole reason I joined SSO. I found this thread around the time they announced they were splitting up and I was crushed. I found the greatest band I'd ever heard and found out they were splitting up. I remember reading y'all trying to figure out whether Leda used a Bill and Becky or a Bill Lawrence USA and thinking, "man, these people are kind of obsessive!" And I remember the first time I saw the Cygnus I thought it was goofy looking, but the more I saw it the more I needed it. And I remember Indra and Scion getting a Cygnus and that being the only time I've felt an urge to but a plane ticket to go steal a guitar:fawk:. But the more I listened to Leda and Deluhi the more I understood it. Every band I have been really into, I've eventually gotten tired of listening to. Even Metallica, who I've always said is the greatest band of all time, I've gotten sick of some of their songs. But not Deluhi. As many times as I've head Orion Once Again and Skapegoat, I still love them as much as the first time I heard them. Even when I got sick of playing guitar, that's what got me to start playing again, I would listen to the riff from one of their songs and I would just have to learn it. Granted I'm not good enough to make any of their songs anywhere close too good enough, I still had to try. That has become my main goal, to try and have even a fraction of the talent that Leda has. I honestly think it's started to subconsciously affect my gear choices too.

I just want to thank Sujk, Aggy, Juri, and most of all Leda for letting me know how perfect a band can be. But most of all, thank you Leda for being the greatest guitar player of all time, making me realize how bad of a guitar player I am, giving me an incentive to keep playing guitar, lightening my wallet so much and giving me something to rip off for all of my half assed attempts at writing original music. :fawk:

I know y'all probably don't care to read all of that, but between rereading this thread and listening to Deluhi all day, I just had to say it.

I feel ya, brah :hbang:

Reaction score
So i was just about to change my strings into these new Dunlop Heavy Cores 12's for A# tuning...

Then I realized that the tuners on my Cygnus isn't the usual "string thru tuner hole" type...

How does this work?

Codeman

Reaction score

Of course we do :D

I find your story meaningful and I can relate to it.
I've always had a love for music but only as a listener, I never really played any instrument.
I already had some knowledge of japanese music in general but the stuff was hard to get at the time.
As technology evolved with broadband internet, file-sharing, etc it got easier and I was able to get into more music and I found out about the new (at the time) visual kei scene.
I had never been so passionate about music until then, these new bands were putting out such amazing, fresh and inspiring heavy/rock music that made anything rock/pop/metal being produced in the rest of the world sound really dull, passionless and outdated.

I ended up going to Japan (for all sorts of reasons, not just music) and attended a couple of VK gigs.
When I came back home I started to learn how to play bass and later the guitar (and returned to Japan and attended more gigs and got some guitars :D )
Somewhere in the middle I got to know DELUHI and almost instantly became one of my major inspirations for music.

So it has been a wild ride, I ended up going to Japan a couple of times, attented lots of gigs, I started to play bass/guitar and played my own gigs at home, I hosted some J music events here and even booked a VK'ish indie artist to perform in my own country, and I had some casual/random meet and greets with some other artists while in Japan.

TL DR

I feel yah too, bands like DELUHI can be inspiring as fck! :hbang:

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
1939777_1422031158046851_1203990815_n.jpg

And this is why I asked didn't Leda used to use a Dual Rec

')