Deluhi Megathread (Far East Dizain and all things post Deluhi)

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I know on one of first pages Indra said something about him using one, and I thought I'd seen a picture where he had one in the studio with his Marshall.

tzorrot

Your ad can be here
Reaction score
Sure you can. Just by a Cygnus first. The Edwards one it only like $1100. :fawk:

What songs would you want to do?

EDIT: I know HS_L said I should make a review video about my Edwards, but I'm waiting until I get over the "honeymoon" period with it, so I might be able to find some things wrong with it, but nope, so far it's still perfect even with the nut issue.

But I just reread through this whole thread, and I'll admit, Deluhi is still the only band that I'm truly upset split up. Don't get me wrong, Undivide is amazing, but it's still not Deluhi. I remember the first time I heard their record I didn't like it because it wasn't Deluhi. I remember finding out the bass player from Galneryus had left so I figured I would check out his band, and I was completely blown away. That's the whole reason I joined SSO. I found this thread around the time they announced they were splitting up and I was crushed. I found the greatest band I'd ever heard and found out they were splitting up. I remember reading y'all trying to figure out whether Leda used a Bill and Becky or a Bill Lawrence USA and thinking, "man, these people are kind of obsessive!" And I remember the first time I saw the Cygnus I thought it was goofy looking, but the more I saw it the more I needed it. And I remember Indra and Scion getting a Cygnus and that being the only time I've felt an urge to but a plane ticket to go steal a guitar:fawk:. But the more I listened to Leda and Deluhi the more I understood it. Every band I have been really into, I've eventually gotten tired of listening to. Even Metallica, who I've always said is the greatest band of all time, I've gotten sick of some of their songs. But not Deluhi. As many times as I've head Orion Once Again and Skapegoat, I still love them as much as the first time I heard them. Even when I got sick of playing guitar, that's what got me to start playing again, I would listen to the riff from one of their songs and I would just have to learn it. Granted I'm not good enough to make any of their songs anywhere close too good enough, I still had to try. That has become my main goal, to try and have even a fraction of the talent that Leda has. I honestly think it's started to subconsciously affect my gear choices too.

I just want to thank Sujk, Aggy, Juri, and most of all Leda for letting me know how perfect a band can be. But most of all, thank you Leda for being the greatest guitar player of all time, making me realize how bad of a guitar player I am, giving me an incentive to keep playing guitar, lightening my wallet so much and giving me something to rip off for all of my half assed attempts at writing original music. :fawk:

I know y'all probably don't care to read all of that, but between rereading this thread and listening to Deluhi all day, I just had to say it.
Dude, stop copying my thoughts.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Where there ever any videos from the Rock of Ages gig Leda did? All I've been able to find is stuff from the Tom Cruise movie and one video of a guy talking about it.

I found the set list for it and I would love to see his take on most of those songs, especially Renegade.

tzorrot

Your ad can be here
Reaction score
Where there ever any videos from the Rock of Ages gig Leda did? All I've been able to find is stuff from the Tom Cruise movie and one video of a guy talking about it.

I found the set list for it and I would love to see his take on most of those songs, especially Renegade.

My searches didn't succeeded as well. Maybe they were not recording it?

scion26

Wandering No Life
Reaction score
Ur calling me obsessive and u typed that feel post lol

Look on the bright side I guess. When Leda was with Deluhi, he was an amazing guitarist, but he was still giving me that "visual kei kid" feel at the time (Mostly pre-Vandalism). Not that it is bad, but it feels like his "guitar craft" might hardly grow up. But now after Deluhi disbanded, look at him, he is a go-to-guy for doing superb original guitar session at an age around 24~25 now, Japanese guitar kids these days admire him almost as much as Syu, I would kill for that position @@

Still, Deluhi's writing style was superb, and I would be lying if I said I don't miss them.

As for the collab cover, I was thinking about doing Shade, up for it? I can type a little part of the tabs if u rly rly need help

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I really like the idea of a medley, but we could do Shade as one of the songs.

scion26

Wandering No Life
Reaction score
Medley is ok, but I'm just worried it will take half an year to think of something @@ Plus it will be a tabbing hell for me if u guys can't do ear copying

I will think of something, and inbox me some ideas, and I will "assemble" all of u guys once I see the whole thing is working out

H_SL

[LedaHead]
Reaction score
Take the Deluhi Vandalicks Riffbacking tab (there is a gp5 file on 911tabs or UG etc) as a base of the medley and expand it a bit. And make some improvisation for the transition parts. Hope that helps)))

PS: Most tabbing work is done already though. There are gp5 files of the songs available. Some aren't perfect, but they're close enough.

http://www.ultimate-guitar.com/tabs/deluhi_tabs.htm

Vandalicks Riffbacking playlist:

1) Orion Once Again
2) Baby Play
3) R:s, S:s
4) Revolver Blast
5) F.T.O
6) Two Hurt
7) Hybrid Truth
8) s[K]ape:goat
9) LORELEI
10) Frontier
11) The Farthest
12) Departure

The only bitch when tabbing is: tabbing the Arpeggio Licks correctly.
I tried tabbing LORELEI before, but got stuck on the "fast" parts and the acoustic flamenco-ish part aswell..

scion26

Wandering No Life
Reaction score
One more problem I just realize, I need to program MIDI drums - -

Linking original sound track would work, but it would sound very rough and untidy and basically just shit sounding so I don't wanna use that

Lorelei's flamenco solo is just phrygian/harmonic minor stuff, it's actually quite simple if u know the scale, just [5,4,3],[4,3,2],[3,2,1]-ish stuff. But the problem is......the run VERY fast, and it's on a classical nylon string guitar @@

Oh boy....if we are actually dedicating our ass to this, this would be a big project for amateurs like us. I might contact Indra thru FB about this.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
I actually had thought about messaging him too.

But I was thinking we could use some of the stuff from Vandalicks, and I have Cygnushred so I could tab some of that out and them maybe Ijime Dame Zettai or something too.

scion26

Wandering No Life
Reaction score
Contact Leda. I'm sure he'll help. Maybe there will be a video called VANDALICKS Medley by LEDA ft. Cygnus-owners)))

Leda won't even have time to care about us - -"

I'm just thinking if we could pull this off, Leda will definitely notice us.

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
We should definitely post a link to it on his twitter.

Speaking of his twitter:

Bj0hO5PCAAAuxJO.jpg

Reaction score
We should try Shade first - since everyone is multi-time zone based.

Tabs would be great too.

I have Vandalicks too.

And i have a question for OS-X users.

My protools and mBox quit working when i upgraded to Mavericks.

I'm looking for a new interface/software combos to upgrade.

What do you guys suggest as far as something that has minimal compatibility issues?

Fenriswolf

Reaction score
Well I'm down for Shade as long as I can get a tab.

As for a new interface, can't help you there, I can barely work the one I have.

scion26

Wandering No Life
Reaction score
We should try Shade first - since everyone is multi-time zone based.

Tabs would be great too.

I have Vandalicks too.

And i have a question for OS-X users.

My protools and mBox quit working when i upgraded to Mavericks.

I'm looking for a new interface/software combos to upgrade.

What do you guys suggest as far as something that has minimal compatibility issues?

That's the shit thing about mac and AVID interfaces, they have a lot of compatibility issue when the Mac OS is updated.

I'm currently using Apogee Duet, superb quality for a home studio interface. I had a lot of issue of it bugging out at the past, somehow it's gone these days. If u still worry about bugging out and stuff, u can try Presonus stuff. Ola Englund uses them in the past and it works out rly well for him.

Oh yea, lemme do the reamping once we know what to do and recorded the stuff. So I will require dry DI tracks from u guys, so be prepare about that.

')