Deluhi Megathread (Far East Dizain and all things post Deluhi)

• Thread starter Bloody_Inferno
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Samacle

Reaction score

Also a tweet indicating that he participated in the Danganronpa 3 song Dead or Lie

For summersonic he played for both Acid black cherry and Babymetal

Some FED live pics:
CsE0ZjgVMAEtK1_.jpg

CsE0ZjiUEAA5eSA.jpg

CsE0ZjeVYAIJP9P.jpg

CsE0ZjgUAAIj-Ss.jpg

Drum Cams:
I'm a human just like you
The war went on

14027288_308770422811509_693754627_n.jpg

bnzboy

Asian Dying
Reaction score
I am assuming Leda is no longer going to tour with Babymetal? Man I would go and see Leda live in a heartbeat if he ever comes back to Toronto..

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
I am assuming Leda is no longer going to tour with Babymetal? Man I would go and see Leda live in a heartbeat if he ever comes back to Toronto..

Yes. He's got a fair bit on his plate with Far East Dizain, Luz, Aya Kamiki and whatever else, and now adding a fill in spot with Matenrou Opera.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
That Zero Mind Infinity song isn't too bad. Though to be honest I wasn't expecting anything groundbreaking. Yeah, agreed it was satisfying enough.

Also Leda's Cygnus is now off the ESP artist page. Looks like he's fully jumped ship to Strandberg. Looking forward to see what kind of guitars he'd come up with in the future.

Samacle

Reaction score

Also looks like I was wrong about touring with Babymetal, following videos from the RHCP tour:

Cz_r1upXEAUwS4c.jpg

With Ola Strandberg
15535081_1922572044628226_6730934684567470080_n.jpg

30960564993_7e69f526b3_h.jpg

30960367033_c349fa4d70_k.jpg

source

Tsumiya

Reaction score
You guys should check out the band Jiluka =V They are obviously inspired by deluhi a good bit. Their song twisted pain is literally a spiritual successor to hybrid truth lol. Even with the screaming bit at the very end that ends the song. I found all of their current tracks to be pretty enjoyable.

On a Leda note I am also super excited to see where Leda's new guitar partnership works out. I imagine he went to ESP first about 7 / 8 string options but couldnt come up with anything that fits what he wants.

Samacle

Reaction score
Dizainerve releasing may 24th

1. INVISIBLE WOUNDS
2. Counterfeit Virtue
3. Disgracer
4. izayoi
5. Fragments
6. Octagram

Gio18

Reaction score
Fragments sounded so much like deluhi.... I miss them :(

scion26

Wandering No Life
Reaction score
Amazing! Can you tell us what you are doing to get that snap on some of the notes? Is it an EQ or technique thing?

It's more of a fundamental tonal thing. A snappy twangy high output pickup (Bill Lawrence), a distortion pedal that keep that snappy twangy tonality well (Friedman BE-OD), and a marshall.

With a setup like that, any EQ will not affect the snappiness of the tone, because it's fundamentally a setup to do that kind of sound. EQ are just used for balancing the sonic spectrum to make it sounds, well, "balanced".

Other than that, technique affect a lot too. Pick hard and strong (without affecting the pitch).

It's been quite sometime I've been on sevenstring.org....sure does feel weird.

GraemeH

Reaction score
Great playing and tone - I have a guitar with a Bill Lawrence L500 XL and a valve Marshall and I can't say I've got it sounding as good as that sort of clear bright gain.

The gold on white of the Cygnus is still so pretty.

Bloody_Inferno

Silence is Violence
Reaction score
Dammit I wish I knew this sooner...

Legend Guitarist: Apparently this is a G3/Generation Axe style team up. They had a gig last December, and I believe a few more this month. And the lineup is stellar:

Leda (Far East Dizain)
Reno (ex Vivid)
You (Janne Da Arc)
Akihide (Breakerz)
Koji (ALvino)

Backing musicians:

Bass: Natchin (21g, ex Siam Shade)
Keys: Miyako Keiichi (Rayflower)
Drums: Buru (ex DuelJewel)

Reading through reviews and reports, the sets were ordered as above with intro and outro jams.

Leda played a bunch of FED songs like Inhale, Cry My Name For The Night, and the Undivide instrumental White Hole, before doing a jam with Reno.

Reno played mostly his instrumental stuff off his solo album, including a rippoff/homage to Satch named Boogie. :lol: Still, he's a killer guitarist and needs more attention. Koji and You got up for a few jams.

You - :wub: My favorite of the 5, and about damn time he's doing something substantial. All songs off his 3 solo albums and got Leda and Reno for the song Awakening... something I would've killed to see.

Akihide's set was mostly acoustic (with real time looping) but had some electric stuff as well. While he's not known to be as technical as the rest, he can keep up just fine (playing with Acid Black Cherry helps). His set got all 5 guitarists for an acoustic jam.

Koji is the guy I know least about. Not totally familiar with Alvino, but from what I heard from his playing, he's pretty solid. He also got Leda and Akihide up for a song.

After the 5 sets, all 5 guitarists got up and went on a shredfest over a bunch of Christmas carols. :lol:

The recent Legend Guitarist line up is a bit different. Leda and Akihide don't seem to be a part of it, and newcomer Takayuki Arai (Liplich) whom I'm not too familiar with, has joined, leaving it a 4 guitar lineup. Also Shuji (Janne Da Arc) is behind the kit.

Bloody hell that's a lot of talent on the bill and it would've been astounding to see live. :eek:

')