Demo: Piezo vs. Q-Tuners

• Thread starter McCap
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

McCap

Reaction score

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

simulclass83

Reaction score
Thanks for the demo dude!
Piezo sounds scooped while the bridge q tuner has a more open quality imo.

Explorer

He seldomly knows...
Reaction score
Formerly from Cucaramacatacatirimilcote...
Excellent demo! Rep/thanked and liked!

To my ears, the Q-tuner neck edged out the piezo as an acoustic pickups, but I was surprised at how great the Q-tuners sounded through the British pedal.

I have a Q-tuner neck pickup, but moved too late to get a bridge. The fact that Q-tuner feels the new design is a step forward, makes me hold off on buying the new Alumi-Djents until a bit later in the year....

McCap

Reaction score
Thanks for the rep!

Well, hearing it live the piezo has less body, less bass and more brittle highs (you know the really high stuff like fingers gliding over strings etc.). But Q-Tuners can sound quite acousticy. So much so, that I've been thinking about taking the piezo out of the guitar and putting in a state variable Filter instead.

Mukersman

Reaction score
So are they out of business or what? I guess it hasn't been a full year since they shut down, but still, a year seems like a long time to be out of the game.

Latest posts