Demon // Dark Souls I + II // Bloodborne

• Thread starter ohoolahan
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Well my first play through I completely missed the Upper Cathedral Ward, so I figured I'd stop by on my new character. . . IT F*CKING SUCKS!!! haha ok its not that bad, I already beat the first boss, but damn I'm ashamed to admit how many points of insight/how many times I died to those brain sucker mother truckers!

Also for those looking for a great farming spot look no further than the theater room(the one full of undead student dudes) in the Lecture Hall. An upgraded thrust weapon/weapon with thrust move should kill the students in one hit. Run into the room and then step back outside, funnel them and enjoy the echos, leave one alive to kill you (or use the Chikage like I did). With the extra blood echos rune you should net 14,000 for the room. I think it took me 20 minutes to get 150,000 blood echos. Not to mention I maxed out my quick silver bullets because the students drop them like crazy.

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Started a third character tonight, a strength build this time, and so far so good.

Why didn't anyone tell my how much a$s the Hunters Axe kicks? SPIN-IT-TO-WIN-IT ALL DAY! It almost isn't fair how sweet that weapon is.

Also just got the Kirk Hammer, and though I haven't gotten to try it yet, I'm very excited for this weapon.

leftyguitarjoe

Correct-handed
Reaction score
Started a third character tonight, a strength build this time, and so far so good.

Why didn't anyone tell my how much a$s the Hunters Axe kicks? SPIN-IT-TO-WIN-IT ALL DAY! It almost isn't fair how sweet that weapon is.

Also just got the Kirk Hammer, and though I haven't gotten to try it yet, I'm very excited for this weapon.

Kirk Hammer is my main squeeze. I played with ultra greatswords in Dark Souls and Ds2. I like having a big smashey weapon.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
^^^ Have you used the Logarious Wheel at all? I figured that would be my late game go to.

Also anyone recommend the cannon? I'll have to inset about 7 levels between skill and bloodtinge to wield it, on top of what I already plan to invest in strength. . .

Reaction score
I'm getting my ass handed to me in the Nightmare of Mensis area. Those spiders are just stupid powerful! My Tonitrus is +9, but I don't want to get that close to anything in that area. I think I may just farm enough stones and chunks to level up my axe and spear and hope the added range helps.

The cannon uses 10 bullets per shot. Once I saw that, I just looked at as a novelty item.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
You can funnel the spiders into the smaller room directly before the spiders(the big one can't follow), or run through the room and out the back hallway just be carful not to Afro the enemy out there.

Well with blood bullets you can get off 4 shots with the cannon before running out of silver bullets , and 4 shot can take out a boss!(well so I've heard)

MoshJosh

Reaction score
Not to spam the sh*t out of this thread, but anyone got the update yet???

So far its pretty BAD A$S! Loading screens are less boring, and seem much faster (though maybe just an illusion). Also Coop seems WAYYY easier. Figured I'd try to get summoned in hemwick. . . and it took maybe 20 seconds to get summoned, and the summoner was able to get another summon about a minute later. I then decided I would try to summon someone and again in a matter of seconds had a helper. Ended up getting 3 people summoned (one died) in the course of 3-5 minutes. . . Pretty cool.

SpaseMoonkey

Reaction score
Haven't done the online issue as I've been far to cheap to renew my PSN+. I can vouch that the loads are way faster. All my loads were in the 40 second range. To load from an area to the dream it's taking me around 13 seconds and then from dream back is 17ish. Death is seeming to be around 17 seconds also.

It's made me play it more as I don't dread dying as much now!

beneharris

Reaction score
Not to spam the sh*t out of this thread, but anyone got the update yet???

So far its pretty BAD A$S! Loading screens are less boring, and seem much faster (though maybe just an illusion). Also Coop seems WAYYY easier. Figured I'd try to get summoned in hemwick. . . and it took maybe 20 seconds to get summoned, and the summoner was able to get another summon about a minute later. I then decided I would try to summon someone and again in a matter of seconds had a helper. Ended up getting 3 people summoned (one died) in the course of 3-5 minutes. . . Pretty cool.

Nice! I never understood why they made the loading screens so horrible. Especially since in the Souls' games they were interesting as heck. That's where you got a lot of the lore!

Reaction score
I wasn't on at all last night and still at work, so I clearly haven't gotten the update yet. However better loading screens and shorter loading times sounds great... especially with all the dying I've been doing lately lol

mongey

Reaction score
Man, Rom is annoying me. Think spent the most time on him so far out of all the bosses.

Got down the last third of his health so many times and haven't managed to seal the deal.

mongey

Reaction score
anyone else have network issues since the update ?

yesterday I wasted 9 insight trying to call someone in to help with rom . got diconnected from their server about 4 times and lost the insight. and the other 5 sat there forever and no one showed up and got bored so went in to fight Rom . in the past I have never waited more than 2 mins

eventually gave up and went and checked out lecture building and nightmare realm

damn that lecture hall is the bomb for farming . spent half hour grinding blood echoes to boost up my strenghth so I can use the cannon . needed 10 levels to get to 30 ( I had been neglecting my strength levelling ) and got 8 done in half hour ( and about 100 quicksilver ). will grind the other 2 tongiht. then unleash the cannon on Rom's ass and see how that goes

Pav

???
Reaction score
My favorite circuit for farming blood echoes was in the Upper Cathedral Ward. With a little practice you can easily kill everything except the little lizards with visceral attacks, and if you're using runes to boost your echo income you can rack up thousands per kill.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
So I've been rocking my strength build for the last week, and its my favorite build so far, but I have a few questions???

I've been using Ludwigs Holy Blade because it does great damage and has a versatile move set, its at +9 right now, but. . . It only scales with a B in strength which isn't great. So what should I do???

I have the Logarius Wheel at +6 right now, and it does good damage, but as far as I know to get the best of the weapon (especially the transformation mode thing) I'll need to start bumping my arcane stat.

I have the Kirk Hammer at +4 (I think) and it seems like a good choice.

The problem is I'm not sure I'll get enough chunks by end game to upgrade any of my other weapons to +10

but either way, at what point should I stop boosting strength, and bump something else, strength is at 32 right now I think.

jonajon91

New Picture
Reaction score
Oh boy, I wonder what is in this unnecessarily large package by my door?
11130650_10206813502042417_395950161_n.jpg

Whoah, more packaging.
11198694_10206813502242422_396877925_n.jpg

But wait, oh ...., this is big
11195321_10206813502322424_1665686862_n.jpg

11198792_10206813502522429_224254824_n.jpg

Five hundred and something pages
11160518_10206813502562430_712377839_n.jpg

Sorry about the potato quality.

I feel pretty cursed myself actually since I have had a criminally low amount of time with the game and I want NO spoilers. So I have this amazing guide and the art book that came with the collectors edition ... and I have not looked through either of them.

Reaction score
Man, Rom is annoying me. Think spent the most time on him so far out of all the bosses.

Got down the last third of his health so many times and haven't managed to seal the deal.

Ignore all the other spiders. Trying to fight them will just eat up your stamina and blood vials. Just hit him with everything you've got until he teleports. He does have an area of effect attack, but he telegraphs it by rolling on his back. If he uses his ranged attack, just roll like crazy. It'll take a few tries, but he's right by a lantern so just keep at it and you'll get him.

no_dice

a very bad old bear
Reaction score
So I've been rocking my strength build for the last week, and its my favorite build so far, but I have a few questions???

I've been using Ludwigs Holy Blade because it does great damage and has a versatile move set, its at +9 right now, but. . . It only scales with a B in strength which isn't great. So what should I do???

I have the Logarius Wheel at +6 right now, and it does good damage, but as far as I know to get the best of the weapon (especially the transformation mode thing) I'll need to start bumping my arcane stat.

I have the Kirk Hammer at +4 (I think) and it seems like a good choice.

The problem is I'm not sure I'll get enough chunks by end game to upgrade any of my other weapons to +10

but either way, at what point should I stop boosting strength, and bump something else, strength is at 32 right now I think.

I think the soft cap for strength is 30. It really just comes down to whatever weapon you like using the most. Higher damage output is nice, but it's no substitute for being comfortable with your weapon and utilizing it to the fullest. I used the Hunter Axe through most of the game until I got an Uncanny Burial Blade from a chalice dungeon.

mongey

Reaction score
Ignore all the other spiders. Trying to fight them will just eat up your stamina and blood vials. Just hit him with everything you've got until he teleports. He does have an area of effect attack, but he telegraphs it by rolling on his back. If he uses his ranged attack, just roll like crazy. It'll take a few tries, but he's right by a lantern so just keep at it and you'll get him.

Cheers. I'll give it a go. I had advice on another forum to kill all the spiders so I'll try your way cause that ain't working.

MoshJosh

Reaction score
^^^ I've killed Rom 3 times now and I never killed all the spiders, so I second the advice to ignore them. I generally try to lure the spiders towards the front of Rom, and then run in to land some hits. If you hit a few times then dodge in the direction Rom is turning you can usually avoid the spiders while landing excess hits

beneharris

Reaction score
Here's what you do with Rom: Get the flamesprayer, take some bone marrow ash, and rape. Seriously, it isn't even a contest with it.

Latest posts

')