Demoniacs Industrial thread.

• Thread starter Daemoniac
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Industrial Metal. Came more in the Nu-Metal era, but and had a slightly more new-wave sound than other industral metal bands, but had that real grind to their guitar, very VERY 80's sound, and a really interesting set of synth sounds.

:)

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
You know something that always gets me with NIN? I hear more Depeche Mode influence than anything else :lol:

Reaction score
Industrial Metal. Came more in the Nu-Metal era, but and had a slightly more new-wave sound than other industral metal bands, but had that real grind to their guitar, very VERY 80's sound, and a really interesting set of synth sounds.

:)

so Orgy would be on this list then?

And if it already is sorry :DI skimed though it :lol:

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Haha, thats cool dude, and yeah, its on there :)

And to Zepp, yeah, there is a pretty hefty Depeche mode influence. More so in the earlier stuff, i dont really hear it in his last few releases (With_Teeth excluded... it was efinately there).

Zepp88

Arktanian Diplomat
Contributor
Reaction score
Like, listen to "Songs of Faith and Devotion" then listen to "The Downward Spiral"

It's pretty interesting.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Will do man.

You know, i never really got into Depeche Mode... strange really. I find it NIN's early work real interesting, its like equal parts Ministry and Depeche Mode. Worked well :D

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Would you class PAIN as industrial? Its Peter Taegtgren from Hypocrisy, Apparently he does everything himself: Guitars, Vocals, bass, Drums, Synths, Recording, Producing, mixing, mastering. Just not live, of course.

TonalArchitect

Augmented Chords!
Reaction score
Hey, Mischa, that 16Volt stuff was pretty good. :metal:

Now, please PM me some album/artist recommendations, if you would, kind sir.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Glad you liked it. It gets more and more Metal as time went on, loses a little of the grit, but it gains a whole shitload of power and guitars. Similar style to NIN, but easily identifiable as very different if that makes sense...

I'll move to my other computer with the speakers, have a listen, and PM you :)

Sent you some more dude :)

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
Hmm. they 'are' but by the same token it was such a small part of their music, and only really at the beginning of their career. I think they do, but im not sure. Ill have a look, and i might add them. RE:AKTOR should be there, ill add :)

Leuchty

Previously CYBERSYN
Reaction score
Yeah true. I was a bit reluctant. After listening to Strictly Diesel and Height of Callousness I though, yeah, why not.

Cancer

Gazzmask
Reaction score
I might get flamed for this. But what is Orgy? :lol:

The most awesome band EVA....:lol:. Faux fanboi-ism aside. Orgy was amazing, only in that what NIN did for Industrial Rock, Orgy did for industrial (insertwordhere). To me, they always had Korn-ish feel, except where Korn went for emotional hyper-realism, Orgy went for emotional hyper-artificiality. It seemed like their entire mantra was an exploration of the human facade, fascinating stuff, and not only did they get pretty far, their sound was super identifiable ...at least until they abandoned it on the last album.

But yeah, I would definitely consider Orgy and Industrial band, not sure what I'd use as a modifier though.

Reaction score
The most awesome band EVA....:lol:. Faux fanboi-ism aside. Orgy was amazing, only in that what NIN did for Industrial Rock, Orgy did for industrial (insertwordhere). To me, they always had Korn-ish feel, except where Korn went for emotional hyper-realism, Orgy went for emotional hyper-artificiality. It seemed like their entire mantra was an exploration of the human facade, fascinating stuff, and not only did they get pretty far, their sound was super identifiable ...at least until they abandoned it on the last album.

But yeah, I would definitely consider Orgy and Industrial band, not sure what I'd use as a modifier though.

I was watching one f there video. "Dreams in Digital". and I coul swear I seen one of the guitarist playing a 7 string.

Dead but Dreaming

Reaction score
Man I would never have considered Acid Bath industrial. I love them, but I'd call it southern doom metal or something :) Oh well.

That's quite a list! I'll be working through it to discover some good new stuff.. it's cool that you have a bit of a description for each band. It helps.

Also cool to see Heimataerde on there... wicked band.

Daemoniac

Rivethead Magnate.
Contributor
Reaction score
:) thanks dude, i appreciate it. Yeah Acid bath were pretty disappointing for me tbh, they were put under 'coldwave' on some list i read, and it was fucking stupid. I can hear industrial influence, for sure, but yeah, mainly doom/stoner.

')