Desert Camo COW 7

• Thread starter saffron shrimp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nyck's upcoming COW7 might be ugly as hell, but it plays and sounds damn good. And that's what really counts.

Agreed. I don't really question the people who buy them, I just wonder what Jackson was thinking - the black one outsells it like 7:1, and it's $300 extra for a very questionable graphic...

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Why on earth does a guitar with one pickup and one volume pot need such a GIGANTIC control cavity, AND a separate battery compartment? That seems like an awful lot of wood removal for very little purpose.

eaeolian

Pictures of guitars I don't even own anymore!
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Why on earth does a guitar with one pickup and one volume pot need such a GIGANTIC control cavity, AND a separate battery compartment? That seems like an awful lot of wood removal for very little purpose.

The control cavity is the standard Jackson size. The battery compartment is because people whine about unscrewing the control cavity. :lol:

skinhead

Manager / RHLC ©
Reaction score
I'm the only mother fucker that i like the camo COW?

I think that it's a simple camo, but i love it.

And i think that the truckster it's nice too.

Maybe i'm wrong, or maybe another thing... :lol:

thedownside

Reaction score
I'd like to see someone do a current ACU pattern camo paintjob:
4041.jpg

i'm trying to find a way to mask this off. if i can figure it out, one of mine will be done like that.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
See if you can get a digital file of that and send it to a sign shop to get masking vinyl cut on a plotter.

I'm not sure what country has key lime green, piss yellow and poo-stain brown as the main colours in their desert, but the "desert camo" finish on the COW 7 looks more like "margarita-stained used toilet paper camo" to me.

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
The control cavity is the standard Jackson size. The battery compartment is because people whine about unscrewing the control cavity. :lol:
that cavity is tiny compared to the one Caparison uses, friggin half the body :lol:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, but when you've got a cavity that size that's mostly empty, why not embed the battery door in the cavity cover instead of digging another hole in the body for it?

Kagami

Forum MVP
Reaction score
Yeah, but when you've got a cavity that size that's mostly empty, why not embed the battery door in the cavity cover instead of digging another hole in the body for it?
I guess it's not as easy :shrug: Epiphone did that on the one LP with 81s they had.

djpharoah

Awwww Yeaaaah
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Thats no really camouflage. It looks like a really weak attempt. Hell there are no repeated parts on there..

And to think this costs more than the black one. Least Jackson could have done is given it a real camouflage job.

')