Desert Camo COW 7

• Thread starter saffron shrimp
  • Start date
  • This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

Shawn

ESP • Ibanez
Forum MVP
Reaction score
I like the camos like this:

279460bcb5ab07e0.jpg

That's more appealing to me, but I'm sure the COWs are great guitars. At least it's unique.

I agree. As far as camo paint jobs go, ESP does a better job IMO. This Jackson one isn't my thing. I like the black COW much better. To each his own. :agreed:

This site may earn a commission from merchant links like Ebay, Amazon, and others.

jtm45

Reaction score
That JH Camo ^^^kicks ass Shawn.I could seriously own one of those guitars.
I like everything about it,particularly the Kahler.
The Desert Camo is so ugly, I've yet to even see COW himself play one.
[action=Shannon]patiently waits for some asshat to post said pic of COW playing this guitar.[/action]

I haven't ever seen him use one either.Don't even know if he owns one in that color.
There is a U.S. Custom Shop version of it on ebay though in THAT finish and it still looks no better....... and it's like a touch under $4K or something silly.:noplease:
I think it's at 'Fullers Vintage Guitars' or something.

I love camo finishes usually but that's really one of the worst camo's i've ever seen.There so many cool camo patterns,hundreds,and they choose that.
Surely,as it's his signature model, he must have OK'd it for production ?
Not only that but they charge you fuckin' lots extra for the dis-pleasure.

If he'd gone for the Red or the Silverburst as the color option i bet they'd have sold loads more.:agreed:

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think my next project will probably be to send the ToneProse TOM bridge off my Dean to GraphTech to have them install the saddles.

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
This is funny :lol: I was just talking about this very thing in the other COW thread - modding a COW with a Ghost system and a Kahler trem, telling him that I could do it for him, as there was enough room in that cavity to park a car in. Shame to waste it.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
GraphTech makes Ghost saddles for Kahler trems?

Buzz762

Destroyer of Worlds
Contributor
Reaction score
See if you can get a digital file of that and send it to a sign shop to get masking vinyl cut on a plotter.

I'm not sure what country has key lime green, piss yellow and poo-stain brown as the main colours in their desert, but the "desert camo" finish on the COW 7 looks more like "margarita-stained used toilet paper camo" to me.

I wanted to use the all-purpose digital camo on my strat. I thought the camo looked horrible until the other day when I saw some army recruiters walking around on my campus in their BDUs. They blended right in.. it was cool.

DetunedLoon

Reaction score
Final word on this insanity.......that desert camo looks like what my chick hurles after too many apple martinis. JJEEESSSS! And that neck! WTF!!
Well, to each his own.

NOW Stephen's camo.......YEAHHHHH!

(And if you don't like pink, purple etc take it up with Steph)

metalfiend666

-
Forum MVP
Reaction score
There is a U.S. Custom Shop version of it on ebay though in THAT finish and it still looks no better....... and it's like a touch under $4K or something silly. I think it's at 'Fullers Vintage Guitars' or something.

It is, if I ever bought it I'd send it straight back to Jackson for a real camo paintjob :lol:

AVH

avhguitarrepair.com
Forum MVP
Reaction score
GraphTech makes Ghost saddles for Kahler trems?
On further study, it cannot be done after all. Doh! I thought it possible for a bit....I'm going to start trying to play around with some piezo elements and different odd saddles to see if I can mod them to work.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
I think the fact that Kahlers user roller saddles might be the limiting factor behind that idea.

Sebastian

Reaction score
The Desert Camo is so ugly, I've yet to even see COW himself play one.
[action=Shannon]patiently waits for some asshat to post said pic of COW playing this guitar.[/action]

:hbang:
l_dd78e3379964e175fba26dea9e53fcb5.jpg

If You dont like the Desert Camo version...
george-bush-tells-america-fuck-you.jpg

just kidding :lol: .. i like this finish... if only it would cost the same as the black one :)

jtm45

Reaction score
.......cough,'Fulfilling contractual obligations',cough.....:lol:
I think he looks dead embarrased in that picture.Looks like he's trying to spot people with cameras so he can have them killed.

I bet he ran backstage after the song finished and switched back to his red one sharpish.

ooohh...a matching guitar/pants ensemble.........nice!

I'm only having a bit of fun wit ya'.

darren

Forum MVP
Reaction score
His short pants look okay. The guitar... not so much.

sakeido

Contributor
Reaction score
Man, C.O.W. would be playing a Squier Hello Kitty and you would love it!

:D

I played a small show with one of those, the pink one. I put an EMG 81 in it painted white and rocked the house. People fucking loved it and they actually play really nice :shred:

But I maintain, the camo COW is sweet, just too much money.

')